PDA

View Full Version : Command Abilities

Egrimm
22-07-2015, 16:05
When you have command abilities that say for example " affects models within 8" of the hero using the ability", does that mean that the hero gains the ability himself too or not?

splash
23-07-2015, 03:10
When you have command abilities that say for example " affects models within 8" of the hero using the ability", does that mean that the hero gains the ability himself too or not?

I assume that the model is always in range of itself.

Egrimm
23-07-2015, 11:19
That's how I usually play it but I got a bit in doubt when I saw that certain Command Abilities specifically mention that the General is also afffected. If they're always within the range, saying that they get the rule too would be pointless.

splash
23-07-2015, 14:01
That's how I usually play it but I got a bit in doubt when I saw that certain Command Abilities specifically mention that the General is also afffected. If they're always within the range, saying that they get the rule too would be pointless.

Well, in any case, discuss the issue with your opponent and come to an agreement.

jaceimba
23-07-2015, 14:51
Yeah, the wording is wildly inconsistent.

splash
23-07-2015, 15:18
I wouldn't say "wildly". It's definitely something a bit of common sense clears right up.

Of course, if GW comes out with an FAQ or something, it might be totally different from what any of us are thinking.

TheKingInYellow
23-07-2015, 20:05
I wouldn't say "wildly". It's definitely something a bit of common sense clears right up.

Of course, if GW comes out with an FAQ or something, it might be totally different from what any of us are thinking.

GW hasn't had a fantasy FAQ in over 18 months which is one of the reasons WHFB was withering on the vine. Ask any WE player about trying to field the twins!

I'm clearly not an AoS fan at all, but it would be nice to see GW step up and support the game beyond just firing out new model kits.

Egrimm
23-07-2015, 20:15
We might actually see a change with this edition though, as they can easily just update the rules when they're free to download. Let's just hope some kind of points system comes out soon heh, think that's the first thing that needs to be done.

Anyways, back on topic, anymore opinions on this? It seems the rules that say "affect the general too" are the new stormcast eternals and khorne bloodbound so far, at least that's what I've found so far. I think we're just going to play it that the model using the command ability doesn't benefit from it unless it specifically states that he does (and there are instances of this).