PDA

View Full Version : Summoning and minor victory

thesoundofmusica
22-07-2015, 21:46
I've seen this mentioned briefly in a couple of other threads but though I'd make a separate thread.
Basically I posted this in another thread and it was mostly ignored but I'd like to hear what you guys think:

About summoning: I'm certainly no expert in the english language but the rulebook mentions what we're suppose to do with summoned units. They dont count towards the number of models in your army, but must be counted among the casualties. That to me makes no distiction between summoned models that were killed and summoned models that are still alive.

Give me thoughts and maybe how you've been playing this.

ekxw
22-07-2015, 23:13
Thats right, the main problem are the battles by objetives.

3eland
23-07-2015, 00:34
The way I read it is that any summoned units that die count towards your total of dead bodies. So if you start with 100 models, summon 34 and lose a total of 60 you lost 60% of your original count.

That is how we play it any way. It wouldn't make sense if everything you summon count as dead bodies even though they are still alive.

3eland
23-07-2015, 00:36
That way also prevents the "I'll take 1 guy and summon an entire legion" play. Since once you kill a guy you killed 100% of his initial army.

ekxw
23-07-2015, 00:38
Yes but it could lead you to some weird situation like having more than a 100% losses in your army.

3eland
23-07-2015, 00:53
Well once you hit 100% you would then lose. As it would then be an automatic minor victory for the opponent.

Avian
23-07-2015, 01:13
Yes but it could lead you to some weird situation like having more than a 100% losses in your army.

Well, that's because you are comparing the number of casualties to the number of initially deployed models. It's like losing more money on a business than what you initially invested - it's quite possible, but it seems weird because the frame of reference is a bit weird.