PDA

View Full Version : Avenger Strike Fighter

JC1
22-07-2015, 22:14
I don't know if this is in the right section, but I'm sure someone will shift it if it angers anyone's sensibilities.

Anyway, I have converted an Avenger Strike Fighter and thought I would share the results. So far it has only been base coated, hence the shiny metal look. It will eventually be painted a weather bronze/brass to match my sisters of battles power armour.

It was made entirely from a Valkyrie kit and some plasticard and some hours of effort. The punisher cannon is magnetised, as it may also be needed for a Leman Russ... Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures through the process of converting so only have the final shots.

Anyway please let me know what you think guys, as ever any input is better than no input!

Here's a link to the forge world model for comparison: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Navy/AVENGER_STRIKE_FIGHTER.html

217546217547217548217545217550217549​

KurganFr
22-07-2015, 23:09
Wow that's really cool!!!

MadHatter
24-07-2015, 01:57
Looks good. Though I believe you want to post this kind of stuff in the Painting a modeling threads here.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?101-Science-Fiction-Project-Logs

The Black Shield
24-07-2015, 03:14
Not bad. All I would say is that the Punisher Cannon is a little small for the Avenger, but all in all not bad.

Nkari
24-07-2015, 06:51
And I would say that if the fighter achived any kind of speed those hoses to the engines on the wings would present a problem, and I would have made the heavy bolter in the rear beltfed rather than magazine fed, and ofc the "boxes" where the landing struts where fastened before.. Other than that its quite nice.. just not my cup of tea.. (yes even the valkyrie sucks like that, but atleast i can _allmost_ belive its VTOL.. :P

T10
24-07-2015, 20:53
Looking at the Forge World original, I have to admit that it is a fair approximation.

The size of the engines, though. They're a bit much. No, they're too much. You could greatly improve the model by cutting them down as much as possible.

Beppo1234
24-07-2015, 21:30
Looking at the Forge World original, I have to admit that it is a fair approximation.

The size of the engines, though. They're a bit much. No, they're too much. You could greatly improve the model by cutting them down as much as possible.

agreed, and not too much work there. Just a slight shortening. The only thing that doesn't sell me is the way the canopy protrudes above the hull. Sort that out, and it's a winner!

Beppo1234
24-07-2015, 21:32

agreed, and not too much work there. Just a slight shortening. The only thing that doesn't sell me is the way the canopy protrudes above the hull. Sort that out, and it's a winner!

Arthanor
25-07-2015, 17:48
Great work with the pieces you had. And a great saving too! (50% off?) I'd agree on shortening the engines, and removing the thrusters and the landing gear attachments from the wings, that makes them look goofy. With that done, and a set of instructions, there wouldn't a need for the real kit! ;)

A.T.
25-07-2015, 18:06
And a great saving too! (50% off?)By grabthar's hammer what a savings :p

(not mine)

theunwantedbeing
25-07-2015, 18:42
The engines are at a really weird angle to the tail but aside from that it looks pretty fantastic.

T10
26-07-2015, 15:34
By grabthar's hammer what a savings :p

Finally, a Galaxy Quest quote! How very droll sir!

-T10

JC1
26-07-2015, 18:23
And I would say that if the fighter achived any kind of speed those hoses to the engines on the wings would present a problem, and I would have made the heavy bolter in the rear beltfed rather than magazine fed, and ofc the "boxes" where the landing struts where fastened before.. Other than that its quite nice.. just not my cup of tea.. (yes even the valkyrie sucks like that, but atleast i can _allmost_ belive its VTOL.. :P

I'll definitely keep my eye out for any belt fed bolters, nice idea, the reason the box fed was used was due to trying only to use 1 Valkyrie kit. I kept the boxes as weapon mounts for when I come to add wing weapons, just can't decide between autocannon and multi-laser yet,

Good shout, I think cutting out the "straight lines" section would give the perfect length.

Great work with the pieces you had. And a great saving too! (50% off?) I'd agree on shortening the engines, and removing the thrusters and the landing gear attachments from the wings, that makes them look goofy. With that done, and a set of instructions, there wouldn't a need for the real kit! ;)

Actually I bought the valkyrie kit from darksphere for approx 31 so saved about 56 or about 63%!