PDA

View Full Version : What Wood Elf models are you most looking forward to?

Crube
14-06-2005, 19:14
They're nearly here. The days and hours are getting less and less. We've been spoilt by lots of lovely piccys and rules snippets, so all things considered, which of the new models are you most looking forward to....

BTW - Multiple choices ARE permitted...

koven_lexter
14-06-2005, 19:24
You forgot Eternal Guard. Can you edit the poll to add them? If so I'll vote after you've done that.

Quetzl
14-06-2005, 19:27
I can't wait for the plastics to be honest, I think the Glade Guard are still one of the best things in the range.

Crube
14-06-2005, 19:32
Gah - Damn these polls - I can only put 10 choices in....hang on , lets see if I can join Treeman and Treekin together to free up a space - hang on...

(sorry, first poll I've created...)

Sylass
14-06-2005, 19:39
I added the Eternal Guard option. Hope you don't mind. ;)

Personally the release I'm looking forward to the most is the new Glade Riders box, or more precise, the new Elven Horses. Was waiting for new horses for ages and I guess once I got a few of them I'll take a *very* close look at starting a certain Cult like Elven army...

...a cookies for anyone who's able to name that certain army. Guess you'll have an advantage if you visited the old Chaos Wastes subforum on P.

Shame that the box will not get released until August. A box of cookies to the person who'll be able to get me a box of Glade Riders early. ;)

Crube
14-06-2005, 19:48
Hey, no problem :D

Just wish I could vote for Eternal Guard too... :p

Oh, and just how BIG a box of cookies are we talking about here...

Sylass
14-06-2005, 20:07
[...] Oh, and just how BIG a box of cookies are we talking about here...Like this?

http://www.michaelscookies.com/images/box_cookies.jpg

Seriously, I'd pay for it of course (wow, how nice of me, eh? :D). Please send me a PM (http://www.warseer.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=5) with the conditions and we'll see if we find an agreement here. I've got Paypal, so if you got it too, payment wouldn't be much of a problem. :)

*edit*
Waywatchers added too...

Galonthar
14-06-2005, 20:07
personally, I`m looking forward for the glade guard, glade riders, chracters (non-special), and of course,.. THE TREEMAN (big is best!!)]

Like this?

Seriously, I'd pay for it of course (wow, how nice of me, eh? ). Please send me a PM with the conditions and we'll see if we find an agreement here. I've got Paypal, so if you got it too, payment wouldn't be much of a problem.

and.. hmm.... I`d give you the GL,... for cookies, money,...or BOTH :evilgrin: ,...
but you`ll need loads of those things,..... (lets say,...1000 boxes of cookies,... and,.. well... I won`t start about the amounts of money.... :p ,... cause... I WANT EM MYSELF!!! :D )

Lord Setra
14-06-2005, 20:11
The waywatchers are what I am waiting for, especially after I seen the wood elf flyer with the mail order ones on the back.

Sweet mother they look amazing.

Crube
14-06-2005, 20:14
Thanks for adding the Waywatchers... :)

(Afraid I don't have any myself yet Sylass, sorry, but I'll have a word aroud a few people I know and see if any are willing to let theirs go... I'll let you know if so... (I'll be getting mine July 30th....If you still want some then, let me know :D ))

Zeb
14-06-2005, 20:43
The girls of summer....

Nha, I'm looking forward to the new Glade Guard, Characters, Cav and Wardancers... and since I'm playing all elven armies (to a certain degree) I'm really looking forward to the new horses.

Neknoh
14-06-2005, 20:43
That lord is gonna stand atop me three-headed Cobra Chaos Dragon!

Praise to Slaanesh!... and the other four

Sgt John Keel
14-06-2005, 22:23
Glade Guard, the new Elven Horses, the Dryads and the Treeman.

As for the 'riddle' Sylass, is it based on anything other than Warhammer fluff? (Oh, and cats are evil by the way. :evilgrin: )

/Adrian

therisnosaurus
14-06-2005, 23:50
I'm probably gonna advance order the army box (if I can somehow get a way of ordering it online, no credit card) , and that comes with glade riders, so if you want 'em sylass, you can have them, i'll just pick up another box later on. no need to give me cookies, just pay the postage and box costs. however, it might not go off depending on how things pan out, so I'll keep you posted

Lord_Sanguinius
15-06-2005, 20:33
i hope they make waywatchers just as cool as they use to be, if not cooler.

Thundergod
15-06-2005, 20:41
Without a doubt the glade guard (archers) are the Welvis's most in need of new models, follwed by (depending on who you ask) the dryads or gladeriders. The old waywatchers are quite nice sculpts, most of the rest of the old ones are simply dated by the sculpting styles of their day (which was what? 10, 15 years ago for some?)

No question for me, the glade guard, then the heros/mages, then dryads. The only new stuff i really don't care much for are the warhawk riders- whats with giving the hawks doofy looking masks?
Cheers,
TG

librerian_samae
15-06-2005, 20:43
I like the new warhawk (bird part), the hoods remind me of hunting falcons, makes them more controlable, like blinkers on a horse aparently

Galonthar
15-06-2005, 20:58
I like the new warhawk (bird part), the hoods remind me of hunting falcons, makes them more controlable, like blinkers on a horse aparently

hmm... what the rider wins at control with the hoods,... is lost by the way he stands,...

:wtf: STANDS :wtf:

librerian_samae
15-06-2005, 21:12
yeah thats the thing I have about them, WHY ARE THE RIDERS STANDING, WHY!!! :wtf:

Crube
15-06-2005, 21:14
I have to say again , they really remind me of Dark Eldar Hellion. I think they are sooooooooooooooooooooooo cool (as well as having the same name as a Judas Priest song).

I actually quite like them.

(prepares for ritual humiliation and stoning)

librerian_samae
15-06-2005, 21:21
the modles themselves are very cool, its just the 'toilet squat' position of the riders that makes me go hmm...

Yes they remind me of hellions too

Il Magno
15-06-2005, 21:29
First of all i wait for the characters, some minis are wonderful.
Secondly for the war dancers.
Third are the wild raiders (my first horse painting after twenty years in the hobby).
Four the tree kins not for the models but because I will play this unit. ;)

schuba
15-06-2005, 23:01
i really want to see new Orion ... ohh i cant wait any longer ........
and still waiting for heroest to get them to paint them to play with them ..................... ;)

Jericho
16-06-2005, 22:46
Here's a pic of Orion from another forum.

Anyway I'm looking forward to pretty much everything but the Dryads at this point, they look better than I thought from early photos but I still don't think they suit my painting style well at all. Shame too, because they sound like a great unit.

Galonthar
17-06-2005, 08:30
what IS that Oion actually?.... some forest spirit or something?...

to be honest I allways thought he was an elf! :eyebrows:
(and don`t tell me he is "the king of the forest"... I wonder about what race he is)

Keravin
17-06-2005, 09:31
Orion still looks rubbish then. No change there.