PDA

View Full Version : Special deployment rules, deepstrike-like abilities and victory condition

jaceimba
24-07-2015, 02:52
Thunderstrike Brotherhood and Guardians of Deepwood battalion allow you to set aside your units and let them come in during your movement phase.

This problem is that the rules state that if there are no enemy models left on the field of battle, you can claim a major victory.

Does this mean you can't set your whole army aside to use the special set up?

This seems quite weird. I know that in 40k, they check for the models on the field after a game turn, so each player wound have taken a turn by then, so there would be no problem putting your whole army in deepstrike reserve.

Should I play it like 40k and check the victory condition after a battle round?

furrie
24-07-2015, 10:49
You need to have models on the table to be able to play and as soon as you have no more models(at any time after the deployment phase) on the table you lose.

jaceimba
24-07-2015, 11:18
You need to have models on the table to be able to play and as soon as you have no more models(at any time after the deployment phase) on the table you lose.

I know that 's the rules as written but it is quite weird as you must put at least one unit on the table. What do you think housing ruling it like 40k? Where you check for models on the table after a battle round(both players take a turn) so you can put whole army in reserve.

furrie
24-07-2015, 13:31
I know that 's the rules as written but it is quite weird as you must put at least one unit on the table. What do you think housing ruling it like 40k? Where you check for models on the table after a battle round(both players take a turn) so you can put whole army in reserve.
That is something you should agree with your opponent