PDA

View Full Version : Buying the Wood Elf Army Box in GW Stores

Crube
14-06-2005, 19:23
Its the Final Countdown (de de der der, dedede de der...)

Nearly here, not long to wait and all that. However, nipped along to my local GW to enquire about reserving an Army box, as it can be tricky for me to get in on a Saturday. I work in town so popping in the following Monday is no problem, only to be told that they aren't allowed to save them.

Apparantly they'll only be getting 3 or 4, and it's strictly first come, first served.

They have said that although they open at 10, there's staff there from about 9, and they'll let me in to buy one if I'm there...

I have visions of a queue at 830 of 5 people to buy 4 boxes...

The only other options are to preorder through Mail Order, and pay postage, or try an independent retailer.... I'd have thought that any GW store would be able to reserve them, and then get an alocation of boxes that meets this allocation + a couple for stock.

Anyone else got any thoughts

Squirrel
14-06-2005, 21:38
To be honest I am pre ordering mine as 2pounds postage aint that much and I would love the peice of mind that I will be recieving mine just incase they do run out!

rkunisch
15-06-2005, 09:21
You may give Nick from NU Gaming (http://www.nugaming.com) a look. I don't know how many army boxes he can secure and how many reservations he already has, but he is always quite helpful.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Crube
23-06-2005, 13:23
Just an update

Just been in to my local GW and they are advising everyone to advance order their army box from mail order if they are desparate for one, as apparantly there'll only be a max of 3 per GW store, 1st come 1st served...

hunts down MO phone number....

Lord Setra
23-06-2005, 18:46
Oh yes I have already ordered my boxed set because I knew that there was at least four or five people in my store that wanted the box.

So now Im guranteed it and they are not.

karneambara
23-06-2005, 21:20
i'm fairly certain that the guys in my local GW would save one for me. I'm fairly good friends with some of the staff including one who plays woodelves himself. But i won't be buying it anyway...

If you could manage to get 6 boxes you could flog the opened contents (and army books...) on e-bay for a tidy sum.

ghost21
24-06-2005, 00:54
im definitley ordering mine

Jericho
24-06-2005, 05:26
Hehe some times it pays to be the poor guy behind the retail counter... I don't have to worry about being first in line to get a copy :D

Malen Kharn
24-06-2005, 10:43
I ordered mine through my local indy, and he's gona give me his pre-relese one, wich should be here any day now :D

just thought I should come to gloat ;)

Xavier
24-06-2005, 12:53
I ordered mine... It just better not be a repeat of my nid army deal

Recieved army deal 5 days late... (the thursday after general release)
Open said army deal to find None of the seperate metal components (lictor, ravenevers etc) and no army book.
Phone mail order a cried alot :cries: they say they will send army book and stuff asap.
5 Days later the metal stuff arrives.. no amy book.
Phone mail order again, they will send one when they get more in..
A week later still nothing, I phone mail order again and spoke to someone who I know at head office in the Direct Sales bit, who runs off and gets an army book, makes a box for it and sends it special delivery..

If that happens with wood elves I will be going on a killing spree...

to reiterate... Army deal + army book + all the stuff that should be in it = happy xavier

Army deal with anything missing at all = random looney running around nottingham with a sharpened stick...

[/rant]

fracas
24-06-2005, 12:55
preordering mine