PDA

View Full Version : Returning to 40k and have a couple quick questions

SanDiegoSurrealist
27-07-2015, 13:02
After the release of Age of Sigmar (such a silly game) I am coming back to 40k after a couple of years hiatus; but have a couple questions.
I play Dark Angles, Daemons and Chaos Space Marines and here are my questions

1) Are all Space Marines now on 32mm bases? What about Chaos Space Marines?
2) All my daemons are on square bases, does anyone "really" care? I have been playing with them on squares for years and never had any issues. But what if I start playing tournaments? Will people give me a hard time about it? If so what is the most efficient/effective way to convert them from squares to rounds? I have all my Daemons on 25mm square magnet bases, was thinking I could use my Dremel and grind off the edges has anyone done this?

4) Landraider Spearhead Formation - Can someone explain how this works and what book it is in or is it a DataSlate? I saw someone using it and I am interested in possibly adding this to my list.

Thank you in advance for your answers

mightymconeshot
27-07-2015, 17:31
Base size does not matter. Most of the new marine boxes are reased with 32 mm but GW is not requiring rebasing.

As for using square bases I personally wouldn't care and don't think most people would either. As for a tournament I would get in touch with the organizer before hand.

The landraider formation is in the new Space Marine codex I believe. Or the Dark Angels one. Someone who had the actual codex will come along and let you know I am sure.

Okuto
27-07-2015, 17:38
1) Are all Space Marines now on 32mm bases? What about Chaos Space Marines?

No and it doesn't matter, but I do find the 32 mm bases nice for certain models though

2) All my daemons are on square bases, does anyone "really" care? I have been playing with them on squares for years and never had any issues. But what if I start playing tournaments? Will people give me a hard time about it? If so what is the most efficient/effective way to convert them from squares to rounds? I have all my Daemons on 25mm square magnet bases, was thinking I could use my Dremel and grind off the edges has anyone done this?

Doesn't matter, my furies still have their own squares and no one seems to care, I imagine tournaments would be more picky with it though, check in advance

4) Landraider Spearhead Formation - Can someone explain how this works and what book it is in or is it a DataSlate? I saw someone using it and I am interested in possibly adding this to my list.

you take 3 land raiders, they become super heavies basically......its in the new smurf codex

SanDiegoSurrealist
27-07-2015, 18:21
Thanks for the quick reply.
Cheers.