PDA

View Full Version : New 40k style miniatures - resin

shin'keiro
29-07-2015, 17:32
Came across this site - thought it may be of interest...

http://wargameexclusive.com/product-category/miniatures/

http://wargameexclusive.com/product-category/kits-and-bits/

Beppo1234
29-07-2015, 17:58
I'm trying to understand why these are bouncing around the wargaming network now? They've been around for at least a few years if not more.

insectum7
29-07-2015, 18:05
My impression is "Shameless rip-offs and tasteless bewbs." Pretty well sculpted, but the lowest common denominator in terms of creativity.

Lord Damocles
29-07-2015, 18:26
My impression is "Shameless rip-offs and tasteless bewbs." Pretty well sculpted, but the lowest common denominator in terms of creativity.
It is a little incongruous that all the women forgot to put on clothes, and for some reason even the Tau have huge boobies :eyebrows:

Beppo1234
29-07-2015, 18:36
It is a little incongruous that all the women forgot to put on clothes, and for some reason even the Tau have huge boobies :eyebrows:

to be fair, there are a number of fem commissars on the site, only one is really naked, and is clearly labelled 'pin-up', and I expect Chaos females to all be heavy metal rock Pam Anderson/BarbWires. The loyalist sisters are pretty good, though their posing is wonky.

the oblits are lovely regardless of the piracy, I picked up two lots of them a while back. They're in my Traitor Log... so many tubes to paint though. But really, superior sculpts for that unit relative to all the oblits GW has ever produced.

insectum7
29-07-2015, 20:12

I suppose by definition, that's actually congruent. . . :shifty:

Still tasteless though!!

Bob Hunk
30-07-2015, 16:32
Some of these are really rather nice, although I struggling to understand why a Tau sniper would suddenly take all her clothes off in the middle of the battlefield...? :wtf:

Also, I find it amusing the way they have changed the names, e.g. "Greater Good warrior" presumably to avoid legal trouble, while also including blatantly recast GW components as part of some of the models they're selling. :rolleyes:

WarsmithGarathor94
30-07-2015, 17:01
Those obliterators look nice but a bit too nurgly for my liking

Beppo1234
30-07-2015, 17:19
Those obliterators look nice but a bit too nurgly for my liking

they're fantastic. I love the Akira-esque depiction of the virus, rather than the... whatever it is GW was aiming for with their terrible interpretations. All versions of the GW obliterators have been phoned in, except maybe the first generation oblits. Here are my black legion ones. They are fantastic models, the only critique I have is that the number of tubes was a bit overwhelming.

217999 218000

WarsmithGarathor94
30-07-2015, 17:24
they're fantastic. I love the Akira-esque depiction of the virus, rather than the... whatever it is GW was aiming for with their terrible interpretations. All versions of the GW obliterators have been phoned in, except maybe the first generation oblits. Here are my black legion ones. They are fantastic models, the only critique I have is that the number of tubes was a bit overwhelming.

217999 218000

Tbh I'm not keen on the current ones either :p the only reason I even have them is I needed some obliterators.

Draconis
30-07-2015, 18:17

Can't disagree more! Ive been wanting to work on a thousand sons army and these are perfect!

http://wargameexclusive.com/shop/kits-and-bits/thousand-sons-terminators-conversion-set/

Lord Damocles
30-07-2015, 20:37
Can't disagree more! Ive been wanting to work on a thousand sons army and these are perfect!
They're still shameless rip-offs. Just without the boobs.

Losing Command
30-07-2015, 21:52
Looking at the, uh, 'assets' on the commisars and some of that tau, it seems that their target audience isn't the same as GW ;)

kaimarion
31-07-2015, 03:26
Also, I find it amusing the way they have changed the names, e.g. "Greater Good warrior" presumably to avoid legal trouble, while also including blatantly recast GW components as part of some of the models they're selling. :rolleyes:

It's pretty amusing to be honest.

http://wargameexclusive.com/shop/aliens/tau-deep-strike-veteran-ranger-big-shas/
Just ordered one of these, was wondering where the heck the model came from as I seen it on FaceBook a few weeks ago.

Draconis
31-07-2015, 12:57

Rip-offs of a rip-off you mean? Doesn't matter, still looks better than GW's version.

DreadedNaysayer
03-08-2015, 17:14
Holy ****, now that's what I call blatant rip-offs... With boobs!

Do I laugh or do I cry?

EDIT: Oh and a nude female fire-warrior. Yeah I think I'll settle on crying.

Dkoz
03-08-2015, 18:51
Great sculpts and great looking way to go.

gwarsh41
04-08-2015, 17:28
That rhino is gorgeous, and with shipping it only comes out to about $40 USD. I could probably plasticard the bottom pannel, and then get some second hand tracks for a sweet rhino at only a little increased cost.

EagleWarrior
05-08-2015, 19:51
Not that I'm complaining, but it seems that GW has stopped enforcing their copy right in recent years. It wasn't too long pretty much anything that looked a bit 40k like got stamped on by lawyers and not they're cropping up all over the place.

And yeah, not keen on the gratuitous scantily clad and over-endowed female models.

Beppo1234
07-08-2015, 15:31
That rhino is gorgeous, and with shipping it only comes out to about $40 USD. I could probably plasticard the bottom pannel, and then get some second hand tracks for a sweet rhino at only a little increased cost.

the rhino does look lovely, and the zombie guardsmen look fantastic

Godzooky
07-08-2015, 15:53

I'm more likely to overlook rip-offs if boobs are involved. Even Tau boobs... Tautties...