PDA

View Full Version : Daemons Of Chaos Advice Required.

Shinzra
30-07-2015, 11:57
Hello Warseer, so having been away from the fantasy game now for around a year or so, I have decided to get back into the game.

Now I realise Age of sigmar is out and is the main format, however after watching some games and reading into it, I intend to play 8th edition primarily with friends and maybe the odd game of Age of sigmar.

So having said the focus is on 8th edition fantasy, I have a few questions about the army I am interested in collecting, and appreciate any information on said army.

I really like the look model wise of Chaos Daemons, specifically nurgle, and I would like a fun but competitive army.

1. Are Daemons of chaos a good competitive army?.

2. What certain units stand outs as must have or recommended?

3. Is nurgle the best set of units in the book?, if I wanted to try the other gods in the future (primary focus nurgle), would they have the option to be competitive and fun?.

4. Any further information you can give to a new Daemons of chaos player, in terms of lists, units, purchases or anything.

Thank you.

Deadhorse
30-07-2015, 12:06
Daemons are one of the strongest armies at present, with units ranging mostly from mid-powered to very strong.

Indeed, nurgle units (plaguebearers, plaguebeasts and plague drones) are considered to be the strongest. The Khorne skullcannon is among the most broken things in all of WFB in terms of strength. A competitive army can also include horrors of tzeentch and fiends of slaanesh.

That having been said, the other daemon units are not necessarily bad - they are just not broken.

Shinzra
30-07-2015, 15:10
Thank you for the reply, in terms of plaguebearer unit size, I was thinking of running 2 units of 30 in a 2.5k game, do you think this is a suitable setup?

Deadhorse
30-07-2015, 15:20
It's difficult to say without knowing the rest of your army. Two slow meatwalls is a bit much, even at 2500 points. I find if you're unsure, it is better to diversify units then to start off with spam, so I'd look into pink horrors to fill up your core instead of the second plaguebearers. The key question is how your magic will be set up (i.e. characters). You might need some pink horrors to help you with that, or might not.

In short, make a complete army list and ask for feedback on that.

3eland
30-07-2015, 16:51
It also depends on who you play against. If you play against a Banner of the World Dragon High Elf player, your army will be useless.

Are you thinking of going all Nurgle or just the mass majority Nurgle?

Shinzra
30-07-2015, 16:54
Well I was mostly drawn to the Nurgle based theme, though my friends recommend taking a skull cannon or 2, we play in a fun but competitive environment.

Armies I will come across range from Woc, Dwarfs, Ogres, Dark elves, anything really.