PDA

View Full Version : Big miniature change in 40k= I quit! ?

Inquisitor Kallus
30-07-2015, 19:05
If 40k goes the way of AoS and there is quite a substantial change to the miniatures (ignore the rules and background for now) would you quit?

I don't honestly know whether i'd want to continue or not. The older rules will always be around so that doesnt worry me too much but if the miniature lines change a great deal so that the older and newer ranges dont sit well together I would probably feel aggrieved.

DOnt get me wrong, im all for great new minis but if we were to get minis so markedly different I would feel a disconnect. It felt pretty bad when we lost Epic, BFG, Inquisitor and the like, and I know they cant keep stuff going forever. They just halve the contents then double the price....
:angel:

Anyway, give a vote and post up your feelings.

Cheers,

Inquisitor Kallus

*Currently active in the Tempestus Segmentum*

ntw3001
30-07-2015, 19:10
I think it's less a question of whether people would quit than whether they would buy into a new game. With AOS, GW has taken charge of the quitting for them.

Theocracity
30-07-2015, 19:14
If 40k goes the way of AoS and there is quite a substantial change to the miniatures (ignore the rules and background for now) would you quit?

I don't honestly know whether i'd want to continue or not. The older rules will always be around so that doesnt worry me too much but if the miniature lines change a great deal so that the older and newer ranges dont sit well together I would probably feel aggrieved.

DOnt get me wrong, im all for great new minis but if we were to get minis so markedly different I would feel a disconnect. It felt pretty bad when we lost Epic, BFG, Inquisitor and the like, and I know they cant keep stuff going forever. They just halve the contents then double the price....
:angel:

Anyway, give a vote and post up your feelings.

Cheers,

Inquisitor Kallus

*Currently active in the Tempestus Segmentum*

I'm having a hard time imagining that they could make enough of an aesthetic change to Orks to make them incompatible with my existing army. Maybe they'd change the scale of boyz a bit, but since I'm just finishing up a revamp of all my choppa boyz I'd probably be happy letting them stay as is rather than continuing to kitbash with the hypothetical new kits.

Also, was this supposed to be posted in 40k General?

Inquisitor Kallus
30-07-2015, 19:45
I think it's less a question of whether people would quit than whether they would buy into a new game. With AOS, GW has taken charge of the quitting for them.

The question was asked, im not asking whether people will buy into a new game, this is about the miniature aesthetic. Its a completely different thing but will more than likely happen at the same time as a new game.

@Theocracity, yeah I thought 40k general would be the best place for it?

memitchell747
30-07-2015, 20:01
I think I know what you are going for, here. But, I think you're idea is flawed. So far, the AoS ascetic already looks like 40K. And, the 40K ascetic changes over time and between armies. FWIW, I don't care for the Sigmarites, but I do like the Goretide. I'm painting up a Khorgorath to be a Daemon Prince in Mordheim, and it is a mighty fine model.

popisdead
30-07-2015, 21:17

I think AoS is meant to merge with 40k over the long term hence the Sigmarines, GW is less likely to shake up a game that makes them money.

Horus38
30-07-2015, 21:26
The question was asked, im not asking whether people will buy into a new game, this is about the miniature aesthetic. Its a completely different thing but will more than likely happen at the same time as a new game.

@Theocracity, yeah I thought 40k general would be the best place for it?

Then the Warhammer General Discussion sub-forum would like a word with you :p

Like Theocracity I'm also having a hard time envisioning the aesthetic changing so dramatically that it would drive players away.

isthatnew?
30-07-2015, 21:39
I think AoS is meant to merge with 40k over the long term hence the Sigmarines, GW is less likely to shake up a game that makes them money.

WHFB was still making money but apparently not enough profit margin for GW towers, from the little we have been told it was turning over 15-20 million pa we don't have detail figures for profit margins though and are unlikely to ever see them. Based on the comments in the financial report anything can happen going forward as GW stated it needs to look at its full range and revamp it. Now as for 40k if they rescale all new releases to the degree of AoS then I'd be left with looking at 30k as my only real GW hobby relegated game, and that would be based off the leaked plastic marines being real. I don't doubt they are but release timing would make or break this for me.
I might stick around AoS for a while but I've yet to play it with my group and most of those players are interested in legacy armies and not Sigmarines and oversized cultists ;)
so in short I'd be in the old model camp but it depends on how full of a reboot 40k gets. With some of the End times hints floating around we might not have a 40k anyway, GW built in inflation Warhammer45k anyone? ;)

Inquisitor Kallus
30-07-2015, 22:13
Then the Warhammer General Discussion sub-forum would like a word with you :p

Like Theocracity I'm also having a hard time envisioning the aesthetic changing so dramatically that it would drive players away.

Well, this is about 40k, not Warhammer in general

Konovalev
30-07-2015, 22:14
The question was asked, im not asking whether people will buy into a new game, this is about the miniature aesthetic. Its a completely different thing but will more than likely happen at the same time as a new game

It's pretty hard to make a decision on a hypothetical style change we know nothing about. Would I still consider buying 40k models if the style changed? Uh... Maybe? Is there really any answer other than this? Without knowing how the style changes, I couldn't possibly make a decision on whether or not I like this new unseen style.

Inquisitor Kallus
30-07-2015, 22:26
OOps sorry, I genuinely thought id put it in 40k general.... :eek:

could a mod please move the thread to 40k general, thanks

Sir_Turalyon
31-07-2015, 10:24
Happened to me already.

MOMUS
31-07-2015, 10:42
OOps sorry, I genuinely thought id put it in 40k general.... :eek:

could a mod please move the thread to 40k general, thanks

Could a MOD move this to the wastes? Cheersthnxbye