PDA

View Full Version : Nerfed or Buffed?

GrandmasterWang
31-07-2015, 03:51
We have been given access to warscrolls for all the 8th Edition armies and the power levels of units for the new setting is different from how it was in 8th Edition.

So in comparison to their 8th Edition/End Times self who/what as received a relative power increase an whp/what has received a power tumble.

For those who wish to take part in this thread please nominate a unit which has been buffed and a unit which has been nerfed based on its efficiency in Age of Sigmar.

Buffed: Thanquol & Boneripper - This iconic Warhammer duo are more powerful than ever in Age of Sigmar. While they received a huge buff in the End Times they are even more powerful now. Clan Skyre clearly put everything they had into this new bone ripper's weapon systems as he is a death dealing machine in close combat and his Warpfire thrower is the clearly the epitome of Skaven warpstone engineering doing 2d6 mortal wounds every turn.

Nerfed- Gotrek - The dwarf slayer that has carved a legacy 30+ books long is demoted to a mere dragon slayer in Age of Sigmar. He has no separate profile. While in the Old World the mere thought of the "red furred dwarf" would cause Thanquol to squirt the musk of fear the Age of Sigmar has seen their power levels flip flop massively. Rules as written the famed Grey Seer Thanquol should have little difficulty eliminating his long time nemesis in the Age of Sigmar.

For those of you interested in bringing a more powerful version of Gotrek into the Age of Sigmar I suggest you let him make all the weapon attacks listed on the dragon slayer profile (great and twin) to simulate his tremendous killing ability. Using these rules he truly is a combat monster capable of making Thanquol squirt the musk of fear once more. In fact in a some test games of AOS this 'mighty version' Gotrek was capable of bringing down any of the Vermin in one combat round as is befitting the most legendary of slayers. If you wish to give him plot armor as well I suggest giving him a 5+ "ward" save against all wounds suffered, both mortal and otherwise. This will bring the character from the book to life on your table top.

.....and with that I hand this thread to you fellow Warseerites.... who has been buffed.... who has been nerfed as we enter the 'Age of Sigmar'?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rise99
31-07-2015, 07:11
I feel like elite units in general got a big buff. As a skaven player, stormvermin now have 2 attacks (potentially 3) as 1 wound models. It seems like almost all elite units across the board got this treatment. Also, monsters and heros riding monstrous mounts are devastating, but more vulnerable.

madden
31-07-2015, 09:51
From my dwarfs id say slayers are buffed they get a save now and there death blow is really good. Actually thinking on it any unit that had low inititive is buffed now. As to nerfed the humble cannon is not as acurate as it used to be and can allow its targets an armour save as well.

generally low int units are buffed and deathstars are nerfed which is all good.

madden
31-07-2015, 09:52
From my dwarfs id say slayers are buffed they get a save now and there death blow is really good. Actually thinking on it any unit that had low inititive is buffed now. As to nerfed the humble cannon is not as acurate as it used to be and can allow its targets an armour save as well.

generally low int units are buffed and deathstars are nerfed which is all good.

Buddy Bear
31-07-2015, 09:56
Buffed. Before, when my opponent brought 2,000 points of models, I could only bring 2,000 points of models. Now when he brings an army that size, I can bring my entire Empire collection plus other odds and ends I have in my collection (like, oh, say, Nagash).

Mudkip
31-07-2015, 10:02
It's not even remotely the same game, so I'd say it's a disingenuous question. It's like porting Chess pieces into 40k, giving them different rules and then asking whether the black or white pieces got buffed the most. There's no point even continuing to treat them as if they are still Chess pieces at that point.

innerwolf
31-07-2015, 10:05
I feel like elite units in general got a big buff. As a skaven player, stormvermin now have 2 attacks (potentially 3) as 1 wound models. It seems like almost all elite units across the board got this treatment. Also, monsters and heros riding monstrous mounts are devastating, but more vulnerable.
On the contrary. Stormvermin and Greatswords are now almost the same as Swordmasters and White Lions. Truly elite infantry got nerfed.

Buffed. Before, when my opponent brought 2,000 points of models, I could only bring 2,000 points of models. Now when he brings an army that size, I can bring my entire Empire collection plus other odds and ends I have in my collection (like, oh, say, Nagash).
Irrelevant, anti AoS rants? Oh, it's Buddy Bear, nothing to see here :rolleyes:

MOMUS
31-07-2015, 10:49
Skinks, overall I'd say nerfed.
Thier shooting and movement became weaker, although I will have to see how this whole combat/shooting thing pans out. On the plus side they have access to more potential buffs through hero and character support. So maybe buff?