PDA

View Full Version : Emporers Children

WarsmithGarathor94
31-07-2015, 11:01
Hey guys I'm working on some fluff for my Emporers Children "chapter" and I have a couple of questions which I hope you will able to help me with
1) I want to keep them along the whole wanting to become perfect path. Now where would Noise Marines fit in this? Do you think they would consider it a step in the path or not?
2) one idea I've had for them is lire wise they are searching for their lord commander who's "missing". He went missing while searching for Fulgrims Daemon World? Again would this sit fine with the canon.
3) do they actually worship the Dark Prince in a similar way to which the word bearers worship the god or do the Emporers Children just do things which would please the dark prince?
4th and final question for now what is the Emporers Children's view on possession

Denny
31-07-2015, 11:22
1) I want to keep them along the whole wanting to become perfect path. Now where would Noise Marines fit in this? Do you think they would consider it a step in the path or not?

Yes. Or No. That's the magic of Chaos. One 'traditional' commander might consider the Noise Marines the embodiment of perfection, whereas another 'dissident' commander might consider it a perversion of the Emperor's Children's ideals. As long as you explain your fluff you could justify either position; remember that many Chaos Lords are completely mad anyway (especially those who are dedicated to a certain God or Gods); your reasoning wouldn't have to be logical in a traditional sense. Perhaps the commander was never permitted to become a Noise Marine during the Hersey and is insanely jealous (or obsessed or . . . whatever)

2) one idea I've had for them is lire wise they are searching for their lord commander who's "missing". He went missing while searching for Fulgrims Daemon World? Again would this sit fine with the canon.?

I think so. You could either have them searching for him because they feel abandoned and want revenge (why should he get all the sexy daemon chicks when the rest of the warband don't) OR they could worship him as a charismatic demi-god (Slaanesh can grant that sort of power after all) and be obsessed with finding him again. Again, each warband is a little different.

3) do they actually worship the Dark Prince in a similar way to which the word bearers worship the god or do the Emporers Children just do things which would please the dark prince?
4th and final question for now what is the Emporers Children's view on possession.

I'm not sure. They certainly worship Slannesh, but more in their actions than attending a church or anything. Slaanesh Marines, more than any others, are obsessed with themselves; their sensations, their desires, their needs (all of which, of course, feed Slaanesh). They could certainly perform chaotic rituals and so forth, but it would be more about acquiring more power than anything altruistic.

Slaanesh's followers crave new experience (including mutilating themselves), so I imagine many or most of them would dig a bit of possession, though again you could probably come up with a reason why a certain Lord would be against the idea as it conflicted with his interpretation of what 'perfection' is.

WarsmithGarathor94
31-07-2015, 11:39
Thank you I guess they would probably see attaining perfection as mastering everything so I suppose Noise Marines would be seen as going along the path. I'd imagine the reason they want to find the Lord commander is partly probably revenge but also to find their primarch

Okuto
31-07-2015, 19:53
Thats all up to the commander......what one emperors children finds perfect, another finds revolting, my emperors children for one find it classless to dirty yourself with trophies and whatnot, what are we? khorne savages

2) one idea I've had for them is lire wise they are searching for their lord commander who's "missing". He went missing while searching for Fulgrims Daemon World? Again would this sit fine with the canon.
Yeah its fine, chaos marines aren't the most responsible lot, although those guys would have to be pretty loyal and "sane" to bother looking for him, most wouldn't give a fig and just fight amongst themselves for new leadership

Emperors children are drugged out, loud music loving libertines.....they aren't particularly zealous but thankfully in the church of slaanesh thats how you worship him/her

4th and final question for now what is the Emporers Children's view on possession

If it helps stimulate them more, the better.....they don't make a big ceremony of it like the word bearers do though if thats what you're wondering......

WarsmithGarathor94
31-07-2015, 19:55
Them being "loyal" to him is more along the lines of what can we get by being loyal. For example if he finds Fulgrims Daemon World they will know where it is and won't need him anymore.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk