PDA

View Full Version : High Elf Prince weapon options.

Brother Dimetrius
07-08-2015, 22:49
The High Elf Prince warscroll has me confused.

Specifically, the option of taking the "Phoenix Banner" has me confused:

A High Elf Prince is a single model.
Some Princes are armed with a magical Starblade, while others wield a larger Enchanted Polearm, such as a halberd
or a spear. If riding to war, a Prince may instead slay his foes with a mighty Star Lance. Many High Elf Princes fight with an Enchanted Shield for protection, while others prefer instead to carry a magical Reaver Bow to shoot their foes from afar. Occasionally, a Prince will have the honour of carrying a Phoenix Banner.

How do I read this? Is this in addition to the other options, or does it replace it? If I play WYSIWYG, my model has the standard, a shield, and so cannot attack. Although if I read it as being addition, it is possible he has a sword, shield & banner.

Curiously, the Dark Elf version for example specifies that the banner is being attached to the steed while the model is using both hands to attack. Thoughts?

K3nn3rs
07-08-2015, 22:54
I came across the same issue in my first game of AoS. I explained the issue with my opponent and we agreed it allowed you to pick either hand weapon (pole arm or star blade). My model has a sword so I went with the star blade option.

Brother Dimetrius
07-08-2015, 23:08
I came across the same issue in my first game of AoS. I explained the issue with my opponent and we agreed it allowed you to pick either hand weapon (pole arm or star blade). My model has a sword so I went with the star blade option.

That part at least is clear. You have one or the other (contrast with Griffon rider which has specifically both). My confusion is with the banner.

Mr_Rose
08-08-2015, 07:29
If the model has a big ol' flag then he's carrying a Phoenix banner.
You need to reverse your expectations: the warscrolls are not asking what you would like your dude to have like oldhammer did, it's asking you what the model you bought has on it. Conversions and kitbashes are, like, gone, man.
Also there is apparently a factory somewhere stamping out star lances by the dozen now.