PDA

View Full Version : Daemonic Icon Bearers

Necronartum
15-08-2015, 12:41
Morning all,

Was wondering how daemonic Icon Bearers are played.

The rules state that on the roll of a 1 for a Battleshock test, X number of models are added to the unit.

Is this done:

1) After removing any models fleeing due to Battleshock
2) Instead of resolving fleeing models (ultimately ignoring the effects of Battleshock that phase)

I was thinking number 1, but was just wondering.

thesoundofmusica
15-08-2015, 14:30
Yeah I would assume 1 aswell.

Necronartum
15-08-2015, 18:54
Ok thanks.

Just to muddy the waters, what if the unit was destroyed by Battleshock before adding the additional models?

For example if 1 model remained before Battleshock, and you rolled a 1 for Battleshock (that roll causing an an extra 2 to flee).

Would the unit be destroyed or survive with the models added? Just wondering about sequencing?

Dwane Diblie
16-08-2015, 01:37
I believe it is as follows:
- Count mobels in the unit for Bravery bonus.
- Roll Battleshock test.
- Roll for the icon and add Daemons to the unit.
- Count casualties and add to the Battleshock roll.
- Compair result to the units Bravery total and lose models equal to the differance.

Lorcryst
16-08-2015, 09:16
The wording is a bit wierd ... "If you roll a 1 when taking a battleshock test for a unit that includes any Icon Bearers, reality blinks and the daemonic horde is bolstered. Add D6 <insert daemons here> to the unit."

That's the English version, obviously, but it's the same in French too, and my knowledge of French leads me to believe that you add the D6 *INSTEAD* of removing models, because there is no mention of removing minis in the text of the rules, but there is a definite imperative of adding D6 minis and the words "reality blinks" ...

I could be very wrong, but this thing really needs an FAQ or gentleman's agreement with your opponent.

Vladyhell
16-08-2015, 15:52
I also think you don't lose but gain models

bigbiggles
20-08-2015, 07:46
If played like the 8th "reality blinks" rule, you gain models only

Vulgarsty
20-08-2015, 13:23
I would say option 2. Not only do you not lose models due to bs but you also gain some

ArtificerArmour
27-08-2015, 08:40
the answer to this rules query is - You need to sit down before the game with your opponant, discuss the rules and decide how you want to play, then at that moment in time when this occurs consult the narrative your forging and decide what would make the gane better and then make it up as you go along.

Lord Yawgmoth
28-08-2015, 05:52
the answer to this rules query is - You need to sit down before the game with your opponant, discuss the rules and decide how you want to play, then at that moment in time when this occurs consult the narrative you're forging and decide what would make the game better and then make it up as you go along.

That is probably the official GW answer to every AoS rules question.
^_^ elegantly crafted.

Spiney Norman
29-08-2015, 15:00
the answer to this rules query is - You need to sit down before the game with your opponant, discuss the rules and decide how you want to play, then at that moment in time when this occurs consult the narrative your forging and decide what would make the gane better and then make it up as you go along.

No offense, but that is a terrible, and extremely lazy answer (and therefore probably the on GW would give), that works as an emergency measure when a rule you can't resolve comes up mid game and you want to get on with it without an argument, but there should always be a rules-based answer to every rules question when it is being discussed out of the game-in-progress context such as on a rules forum.

In fairness this question has never come up in a game because in order for it to even be an issue your enemy has to have caused ten wounds on your daemon unit in one turn, and so far I've only been using units of ten.