PDA

View Full Version : Skaven vs Highborn Aelf - Warhammer Age of Sigmar Battle Report

Tabletopminis
15-08-2015, 18:46
The Watchtower Battleplan - Skaven take on Highborn Aelf's in the Realm of life in this clash to capture a key strategic tower in the Greenglades. Can the surprise attack from the Skaven overthrow the towers garrison or will the Aelf's be able to call in reinforcements in time to save the day?, join us to find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Ty355rlHI

Spiney Norman
17-08-2015, 23:48
Congrats on putting on another great show guys, the quality of the miniatures and terrain you're using, as well as the production quality of your videos is really high.

I've got to say as a game you're show-casing a lot of the things I don't like about AoS. The skaven army selection seemed pretty 'gamey' in that report (no clan rats???) while the Elf player went with a more 'fluffy' selection and promptly got creamed for it. At no point did I really feel like the elves had much of a chance to win the game, which is the main reason I can't seem to get into AoS gaming, most games seem to be decided at the 'army building' stage.

Those Litko templates look brilliant, I'd love to get my hands on them but I've yet to find a UK stockist that has them

Bede19025
18-08-2015, 03:21
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP PLAYING THAT MUSIC IN THE BACKROUND OF YOUR VIDEOS! They're fine without them. That music is driving me crazy.

Rogue Star
18-08-2015, 11:33
Your tables look extremely barren, to me. Haven't got to play many Age of Sigmar games, but as a 40K player dipping my toe into fantasy, if you're going to leave so much of the table open, I can't understand why you'd not keep ranked up regiments - surely with the benefit of round bases/not ranking up, you'd take advantage to load on the terrain?

It just seems to be a common theme I am hearing. "Shooting is too powerful", "Everything runs forward to pile in the middle". Not going to get into an argument about if the game is good or not as I don't have enough feeling to defend it or criticize it (preferred 40K, would play at the club if no other games running, etc) but looking at it from a Warhammer 40,000 perspective, which you'd think it would play more like given the base change, no ranking up... that's a very, very open table. More of your beautiful terrain piled on please.

Quiet Sage
30-08-2015, 19:50
Hi, another nice report, this time between forces with an equal Might of 78, according to the Scroll of Might (see link below):

Aelf, Highborn
Might ... Unit (Equipment Alternative)
.... 26 ..... 5x Silver Helms (Standard, Horn)
.... 14 ... 10x High Elf Archers (Standard, Horn) *

Skaven
Might ... Unit (Equipment Alternative)
...... 6 ..... 1x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team
...... 6 ..... 1x Packmaster
.... 16 ..... 2x Rat Ogres
.... 10 ..... 1x Bloodstoker
.... 13 ..... 5x Blood Warriors (no Icon, no Drum)

*: this Scroll uses blocks of 10 for these, so 12 cost as much Might as 20, hence the donwgrade to 10 here.

You can find the Scroll of Might (pdf) here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?411805-Point-values-for-WHF-AoS-scrolls-the-Sage-of-Sigmar-Scroll-of-Might&.

Cheers,

Your Sage