PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Dave Taylor's 33rd Genswick Rifles Imperial Guard?

Scryer in the Darkness
06-07-2006, 19:38
G'day all,

Can anyone direct me to any pics of Dave Taylor's thoroughly excellent 33rd Genswick Rifles Imperial Guard converted using Brettonian parts? Apparently they were featured in US WD293 but it didn't make it into WD Australia (that's where I am).

I've searched the net and only managed to find the Guard Conversions mini-featurette on the US Games Workshop (Black Gobbo) website:

http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/imperialguard/painting/ig_catalog_conv/default.htm

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! :D

Shaper Shakra
06-07-2006, 19:46
I don't think I'm allowed to scan pages it was on from the WD...so....yeah...sorry. If I am please correct me.

EDIT: Reading the first post completly, FTW!

Zakuza
06-07-2006, 19:59
Can't you buy individual issues of WD?
Or is it too old?

Scryer in the Darkness
06-07-2006, 20:14
Can't you buy individual issues of WD?
Or is it too old?

It's a US White Dwarf, not available in Oz... and yes, individual issues of past White Dwarfs can be notoriously hard to get your hands on... especially for just one article when you already own Oz WD293. ;)

Given Dave Taylor's prolific production of armies and association with GW Studio, I thought I would see if his army was showcased somewhere on the 'net before I set out to spend my hard-earned $$$ importing a White Dwarf just for a couple of pages of photos.

Zakuza
06-07-2006, 20:19
Well, if you can't find he pictures just do what he did.
He based them off WWI 'doughboys' unless my memory is failing me.
Just do some research, google those suckers.
Besides, it's much more fun to do something on your own than just copying someone.

If you make any snipers with this theme, I'd actually be interested in seeing them.
Post pictures if you do end up converting them.

Scryer in the Darkness
06-07-2006, 20:21
I've already found quite a few examples on the net and I'm not actually planning to make them myself, I was just really interested to see Dave's whole army (especially his Rough Riders) as it looks like he's done an awesome job... which can't really be said of some of the others I've seen.

Scryer in the Darkness
09-07-2006, 17:47
Anybody able to help?