PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer/Age of Sigmar Forces Using Warmachine/Hordes Rules?

FLAKPANZER
22-08-2015, 19:03
Hi folks,

Was building some Stormfiends this morning, and thought about how they might work in Warmachine/Hordes. That led me to wonder how some of the other Warhammer/Age of Sigmar forces might play using Warmachine/Hordes rules.

A Google search didn't turn up much, so I was wondering if anyone knew of work that might have already been done to convert Warhammer forces over to the Warmachine/Hordes ruleset. If so, would you mind responding to this thread with a link?

Thanks!

Niall78
22-08-2015, 19:39
A '40K to Warmachine' search is throwing up a lot of hits for me on Google. Lots of forum posts with players getting advice on how to convert their forces from 40K to Warmachine.

SuperHappyTime
22-08-2015, 21:38
A '40K to Warmachine' search is throwing up a lot of hits for me on Google. Lots of forum posts with players getting advice on how to convert their forces from 40K to Warmachine.

Apply 40k models liberally to dumpster, purchase Warmachine models.

Seriously. Hate GW and love PP all you want, PP still wants PP models at PP competitive events, no "counts as".

If it's among friends though, just buy the card deck of the faction you want to use and go to it.

Avian
22-08-2015, 21:58
I've had the idea of making a Cephalyx force using mainly Dark Eldar components. Or were you thinking more on the lines of making entirely new rules to effectively play Warhammer armies in WMH?

FLAKPANZER
22-08-2015, 22:59
What I would be looking to do would be take our Warhammer Fantasy Armies, stat them up for Hordes/Warmachine, and play them by those rules. It would just be friendly games - nothing competitive.

Spiney Norman
22-08-2015, 23:26
Personally I wouldn't be interested since I dislike the caster-focused nature of WMH, there are some warhammer factions that just couldn't be reconciled into that format (dwarfs and khornate chaos for example).

Wishing
23-08-2015, 00:37
You should write these yourself. Using base troops as a rough starting point, like steelheads and winter guard and so on, I'm sure you will get on well. Just remember that units in WM are usually 10 models at maximum, and you don't want to make armies with too many models since you always roll attacks individually.

Wishing
23-08-2015, 00:39
Personally I wouldn't be interested since I dislike the caster-focused nature of WMH, there are some warhammer factions that just couldn't be reconciled into that format (dwarfs and khornate chaos for example).

You could just write up rules for some "casters" that have special abilities and give orders instead of having focus and casting spells. :)

T10
23-08-2015, 12:50
Agreed. You could consider a different approach to the Focus economy, hopefully something better that the **** the Horde factions use.

From WFRP and the WH40k variant games, Fate is an extraordinary resource that is not tied to magic or faith. Perhaps this is something to build on?

-T10