PDA

View Full Version : Question about White Dwarf

razialx
06-07-2006, 20:00
I ordered a subscription to White Dwarf this past weekend, and am curious as to how long I should expect to wait till getting my first issue?

And with bundles (Sicarius) do you usually get the mini right away or later on?

BTW... Shipping from GW's online store is absurd. I dont have a store VERY close to me, but I guess I will have to put in the drive. I tried to buy 3 army books in addition to my order to put me over 100 dollars but it kept the shipping. I guess the subscription doesn't count towards that number. Lame.

Tooooon
06-07-2006, 20:11
Errrm you dont get Sicarius with White Dwarf, but you can buy him online from the store which shipping normally takes around a week or so. You do not need a white dwarf subscription to buy him either.

You will prob not recieve issue 319 (which i consider a great thing) and your subscription will start from 320.

I cannot even think what the reasons for starting a subscription after the past few issues must be, but if I were you id cancel it. But you are in US, and im UK here, so im guessing WD is a lot better over their. Soooo yup.

~Dave

tkdarktrooper
06-07-2006, 20:17
Errrm you dont get Sicarius with White Dwarf, but you can buy him online from the store which shipping normally takes around a week or so. You do not need a white dwarf subscription to buy him either.

You will prob not recieve issue 319 (which i consider a great thing) and your subscription will start from 320.

I cannot even think what the reasons for starting a subscription after the past few issues must be, but if I were you id cancel it. But you are in US, and im UK here, so im guessing WD is a lot better over their. Soooo yup.

~Dave

@Dave: If you live in the US, Sicarius is available through subscription only. Check the US website to found out for yourself Dave. US side operates differently from the UK side.

I would imagine you will get WD 319 and receive Sicarius right away.

razialx
06-07-2006, 20:23
Yeah, I heard the last one was pretty bad.

Thanks for the replies.

In the past, WD has been so good. I just dont want to miss any upcoming Eldar coverage. Its easier to subscribe than drive out to the nearest hobby shop.

jahorin
06-07-2006, 20:42
I just dont want to miss any upcoming Eldar coverage. Its easier to subscribe than drive out to the nearest hobby shop.

just look around the rumour round up of warhammer 40k. you have coverage in advance of WD ;)

Slayhem
06-07-2006, 21:00
I saw the latest (UK) WD and decided that I won't buy WD ever again.

Tooooon
06-07-2006, 21:15
@Dave: If you live in the US, Sicarius is available through subscription only. Check the US website to found out for yourself Dave. US side operates differently from the UK side.

I would imagine you will get WD 319 and receive Sicarius right away.

Ahh, thanks for that matey. I wasnt too sure since im stuck with the UK version sadly.

But yup, as said in above posts you will either get 319 and figure at around same time, or you will get 320 as your first WD and the figure seperatly and a lot sooner.

~Dave

razialx
07-07-2006, 13:46
Again, thanks guys.

How bad was 319... I am scared, hehe.

I know we get a lot of coverage in the rumor roundup, but I like pictures. The best part of WD is usually the Battle Reports. We used to be pretty big on battle reports at Portent (rest its soul). So, combine those two, and I am waiting for some hot eldar on "The Emperors Lamest" combat.

Though, with my 'luck' that wont happen till after the army book is out.

The other magazine subscriptions my roommate purchased a few months ago (Maxim, Blender, PC World, Fortune, etc, he got tricked by a telemarketer) took nearly six weeks for hte first issues to arrive. Hence my concern.

Thanks guys.

Jedi152
07-07-2006, 13:50
There are forums outside of 40k you know.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

razialx
07-07-2006, 14:03
HAHA, indeed. Thank you. I guess I have been living with my blinders on for a while.

/slaps-himself.

Jedi152
07-07-2006, 14:04
Thanks, i was a bit harsh - didn't see you were a new poster!

Have fun!