PDA

View Full Version : Skaven vs Stormcast - Warhammer Age of Sigmar Battle Report

Tabletopminis
25-08-2015, 09:01
The first scenario from the Quest for Ghal Maraz - The Cursed City.
Set in a haunted swamp in Rotwater Blight the sneaky Skaven ambush the Stormcast Eternals. Will their trap succeed or will the might of Sigmar prevail?, join us to find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1psi7FXjIs

Spiney Norman
26-08-2015, 23:32
Another great visual spectacle guys, you're both pretty talented painters.

Several of your games (including this one) seemed to be a little one-sided, which has been my experience with AoS as well, would you say the games are enjoyable in spite of that fact?

Avian
28-08-2015, 10:23
When you said "The Skaven player needs to kill 12 Stormcast before the Stormcast kill 14 Skaven", why did you not immediately go, "Ooops! Looks like we need more Skaven!"?

:wtf:

Quiet Sage
30-08-2015, 14:21
Hi, nice report and a pretty even match-up: Order vs Chaos was 74 vs 77 Might, according to the Scroll of Might (see link below):

Order
Might ... Unit (Equipment Alternative)
.... 18 ..... 3x Paladin Retributors
.... 14 ..... 5x Liberators
.... 14 ..... 5x Liberators

Chaos
Might ... Unit (Equipment Alternative)
...... 7 ..... 1x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team
...... 6 ..... 1x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team
...... 7 ..... 1x Warp Lightning Cannon
...... 6 ..... 1x Packmaster
.... 16 ..... 2x Rat Ogres

You can find the Scroll of Might (pdf) here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?411805-Point-values-for-WHF-AoS-scrolls-the-Sage-of-Sigmar-Scroll-of-Might&.

Cheers,

Your Sage

Avian
30-08-2015, 15:18
Hi, nice report and a pretty even match-up: Order vs Chaos was 74 vs 77 Might, according to the Scroll of Might (see link below):

According to your system, the Skaven would need to kill 30-something Might points before the Sigmardudes killed around 10.

That's not what I would call "even".

Quiet Sage
30-08-2015, 15:33
According to your system, the Skaven would need to kill 30-something Might points before the Sigmardudes killed around 10.
That's not what I would call "even".

Hi, I meant the armies themselves: 74 vs 77.

I don't understand your 30 vs 10?

Cheers.

Avian
30-08-2015, 15:42
Hi, I meant the armies themselves: 74 vs 77.

I don't understand your 30 vs 10?

Cheers.

The armies were more or less even, but as a consequence it was a real uphill struggle for the Skaven, who needed to do kill 75% of the foe before suffering 50% of their own. Since the victory conditions were not equal, the forces should not have been equal. Unsurprisingly, the Skaven were a couple of casualties away from losing at the end of turn 1.

Quiet Sage
30-08-2015, 15:46
Aha, I see your point, thanks.

Spiney Norman
31-08-2015, 00:16
The armies were more or less even, but as a consequence it was a real uphill struggle for the Skaven, who needed to do kill 75% of the foe before suffering 50% of their own. Since the victory conditions were not equal, the forces should not have been equal. Unsurprisingly, the Skaven were a couple of casualties away from losing at the end of turn 1.

In fairness I don't think the match-up was entirely to blame for the result, if the skaven player had hung back and fired the WL cannon a few more times I think the game could've been a lot closer, the skaven player didn't appear to use his assets all that well (which is covered in the post match discussion).