PDA

View Full Version : 2k of surprises

inq.serge
06-07-2006, 20:10
http://www.thegreatuncleanone.com/viewShort.asp?ArmyID=212605

it is my first attempt for a 2k BoC army, the main tactic is to put the champ and his fleshies and move forward, hoping someone will move toward the middle, the spawns are also bait.

when the army moves toward the middle, i ambush with every thing, or at least the majority, i will also attempt to ambush from all sides of the table, surrounding the opponents army.

TheWarSmith
06-07-2006, 21:31
List looks fairly straight forward. I'd advise limiting your beast herds/warhounds to some degree.

One problem with this list is a lack of heavy hitters. Kazrak's good, but will you be able to use him in every battle?

inq.serge
07-07-2006, 10:27
should i add a heavy hitter bait unit of trolls (and how much?)

DirtJumper
07-07-2006, 17:48
I would say Ogres (they're a bit easier on the bank account, and you get 2 units of 3 in one box) Which ever you go for, I reccomend only 3 in the unit, 4 at max, otherwise your frontage will be too wide and the unit will become unmaneuverable, and extra ranks are just points thrown away.

TheWarSmith
07-07-2006, 19:08
Ogres could be good. A shaggoth is a GREAT addition as well for flanks, and unlike the giant it doesn't go down easily to infantry missile fire and the like, cause it has a strong 3+ save.

Some cavalry could also spruce up the list