PDA

View Full Version : How does Craftworld Eldar Organise Their Armies?

Thalisahis
07-07-2006, 01:28
You have a craftworld, then how would you divide up the army into smallier groups, for example the Imerial Guard has Regiments, Platoons and what not, what do they Eldar have? Is it different from the different craftworlds? If so I am most interested in the Biel-Tan.

The reason I ask all this is becasue I have a Biel-Tan army, with pretty much zero fluff, completely bog-standard Biel-Tan army, so I just want to call it something on the lines of '145th Regiment', whatever, but I don't know what.

Kage2020
07-07-2006, 01:34
Perhaps you could Google "Swordwind", "Eldar" and "40k"? You would be surprised at what you will find! I'm also sure that someone will be along shortly to talk about a more 'fluff'-based structure to the Craftworld Eldar military! ;)

Kage

The Purple Ninja
07-07-2006, 03:18
Just call them the Bog Swordwind and be done with it.

[BTW: for Biel Tann, Swordwind would be the name of your "company". Other craftwolds vary, though Warhost would likely cover it best.]

Thalisahis
07-07-2006, 03:32
[BTW: for Biel Tann, Swordwind would be the name of your "company". Other craftwolds vary, though Warhost would likely cover it best.]

That's pretty much what I wanted to know, thanks.

Ardathair
07-07-2006, 08:23
Each Aspect has its own shrine or shrines (It is unclear whether a shrine has one squad or more. Probably more than one.), Rangers wander around the galaxy. Warlocks and Farseers work on psychic stuff together. Wraithguard and Wraithlords reside in the Infinity Matrix bodies waiting dormant. Vehicals wait in readiness crew are guardians. Guardians go about there citizen buisness as teachers, nurses, engeneers, etc...

Eldar forces are not organized in the same way human forces are. Each Aspect trains independently. When an Eldar army goes to war, the comander; whether he is an Exarch, Farseer, or the Avatar; chooses which units to accompany him. Certain commanders will have preferences to which units are included.

Khaine's Messenger
07-07-2006, 19:38
You would be surprised at what you will find!

I suppose you mean the Epic Swordwind supplement? Or perhaps your Tir'asur article...?

I'm also sure that someone will be along shortly to talk about a more 'fluff'-based structure to the Craftworld Eldar military!

As opposed to everyone's rampant speculation in your old thread (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16448)? Yeah...most of the Eldar background regarding organization is close to nil besides the fact that their warmachines (eg, Titans) and their soldiery (Guardians) seem to be managed by Clans or other politicking powers depending on your craftworld. In the long run, they're mostly described as personal forces requisitioned by Farseers, Autarchs, or other Eldar bigwigs. Hardly organized any more than your typical "warrior band."

Kage2020
07-07-2006, 23:48
I suppose you mean the Epic Swordwind supplement? Or perhaps your Tir'asur article...?
The former rather than the latter. I wasn't overtly concerned with military organisation in the latter other than debunking the accepted necessity of Farseers in a military role. ;)

In the long run, they're mostly described as personal forces requisitioned by Farseers, Autarchs, or other Eldar bigwigs. Hardly organized any more than your typical "warrior band."
Which is a shame, to be honest.

Kage