PDA

View Full Version : Declaration of Sudden Death

Lordmonkey
06-09-2015, 16:41
When does a player declare sudden death? The rules say "after generals are nominated".

Does this mean immediately after nomination, or at any point in the game after? Both are "after".

Can I - right before the end of turn 4 - declare sudden death, sieze ground and just win the game?

bigbiggles
06-09-2015, 18:32
I like to believe that it is immediately after. Since I hope it would say "at any time after generals are nominated" if they meant it the other way. Doing it immediately also leads to a "fun" objective for both sides to work towards, instead of a turn 4 cheap shot by the losing player.

splash
08-09-2015, 18:38
When does a player declare sudden death? The rules say "after generals are nominated".

Does this mean immediately after nomination, or at any point in the game after? Both are "after".

Can I - right before the end of turn 4 - declare sudden death, sieze ground and just win the game?

You seem to have answered your own question:

The rules say "after generals are nominated"

Pretty clear that one.

Spiney Norman
08-09-2015, 19:39
Yeah, it's immediately after generals are nominated, otherwise you could potentially end up with both forces having a sudden death objective as models died during the game. You only get sudden death if you have 1/3 fewer models at deployment.