PDA

View Full Version : Gorro Mech Warlord fight; what happened?

Harwammer
07-09-2015, 06:30
I read Wolf of Fire and Ash just the other day.

Crazy orks are crazy!

So what exactly happened when the Emperor killed the Mech Warlord? It seems he gave it the same treatment as he later gave Horus!

Besides that, the description makes me think that maybe some how he 'levelled up' whilst removing this abomination from existence.

Did he consume the energy from the creature's soul? Or was the Emperor revealing previously hidden reserves of power? Why did the Emperor go through a transformation as he slew the creature?

blackcherry
07-09-2015, 14:02
It seems less like a transformation to me and more that he was revealing a part of himself that he had mostly kept hidden up to that point.

07-09-2015, 18:39
The story is typical GW setup for things to come. Imo part of their drip-feed strategy of milking every last penny. It also ties into Vengeful Spirit as a justification for Horus' actions on Molech. Why couldn't this have been a prologue to that book? See my previous sentence.

Everything will be explained in the next 54 HH stories.

Mellow
07-09-2015, 19:49
His "Soul-lance" attack is nothing more than a standard World of Warcraft attack. It has criteria such as "enemy must be below 50% health to be used" and "does 500% damage, instant cast attack"

I only say that because I'm fairly sure that He says something along the lines of "now you die" making it sound like he was just waiting to do it.

OuroborosTriumphant
07-09-2015, 22:41
My reading was that the Emperor needed to stab the Mech Warlord before he could do his Soul Annihilation trick. It talks about the Emperor seizing the chance Horus gave him; I don't think "The Emperor could have done this at any time" is supported by the text.

I assume it's like a Force Weapon turned up to a million; once the Emperor strikes a solid blow, he's able to pour warp energy through that connection, annihilating the Warlord (and all his subordinates; I assume the annihilating energy was transmitted through the Ork's collective Waaargh! somehow). Like blackcherry, I assume that the Emperor briefly revealed his true power, rather than having become more powerful from killing the Mech Warlord.

MajorWesJanson
07-09-2015, 22:49
The story is typical GW setup for things to come. Imo part of their drip-feed strategy of milking every last penny. It also ties into Vengeful Spirit as a justification for Horus' actions on Molech. Why couldn't this have been a prologue to that book? See my previous sentence.

Everything will be explained in the next 54 HH stories.

Wolf of fire and ash was actually a free release when it came out making it one of the few examples of BL not milking the hh.

08-09-2015, 14:11
Wolf of fire and ash was actually a free release when it came out making it one of the few examples of BL not milking the hh.

Yes, it was a free download for a limited time. I tend to place promotions like this within the larger context of business/marketing strategy. Not that I am complaining over getting anything free.

As for the story itself, what I posted previously. I'm not going to waste any time trying to predict why/where GW intends to go with this. I'll maybe have something to say when they do it, or if they don't.

Mellow
08-09-2015, 17:29
My reading was that the Emperor needed to stab the Mech Warlord before he could do his Soul Annihilation trick. It talks about the Emperor seizing the chance Horus gave him; I don't think "The Emperor could have done this at any time" is supported by the text.

I assume it's like a Force Weapon turned up to a million; once the Emperor strikes a solid blow, he's able to pour warp energy through that connection, annihilating the Warlord (and all his subordinates; I assume the annihilating energy was transmitted through the Ork's collective Waaargh! somehow). Like blackcherry, I assume that the Emperor briefly revealed his true power, rather than having become more powerful from killing the Mech Warlord.

I re-read the fight. He doesn't just stab the Ork, he stabs his sword through it so it pokes out its back. Then he rips it up and out tearing the Orks organs.

Then he does the soul lance. Then a moment later he folds space and sends a reactor into the rather briefly. Which appeared to drain him momentarily. Although he does recover his "golden light" within seconds of standing it shows he has limits.

So he's not quite a God. Just in case anyone thought he was.

Harwammer
08-09-2015, 17:36
At that moment Horus thought he was, though, he even fell to his knees in humility!

The way I read it he 'lifetapped' the mech warlord, filling him with power, which he then used to temporarily send the failing reactor into the warp, giving themselves time to escape.