PDA

View Full Version : Age of Sigmar Megabattle: Part 3 The Finale

Tabletopminis
09-09-2015, 02:09
Four rival armies march to war, each with the same goal - at the battle's end the relic must be in their control. Enemies cast aside long hatred's of each other and offer terms of parley and alliance scheming and back stabbing to succeed in their quest. The Relic is all. Who will come out ahead of this apocalyptic clash?, Join us and find out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFgvrQersXk

Barry "the blade"
09-09-2015, 11:03
Great batrep gentlemen(and lady). I've really been enjoying all your AoS reports and videos. Fantastic looking models! Your playing the game for fun attitudes make me want to keep painting, and get to playing.

Sent from my LG-V496 using Tapatalk

HelloKitty
09-09-2015, 23:49
Good stuff.

Geep
10-09-2015, 02:21
Thanks for the report.

Why did the Skaven guy aim to end the game when he hadn't even tried to go for the actual objective?

There seem to be some houserules you guys have that I find odd-
Why do you always tend to immediately retaliate with a unit that was attacked, when you'd be better off striking first in another engagement?
I find it odd that you guys count something as open as a hill as giving cover- especially in combat, when the two models are right beside each other. Has that ever been raised as not making much sense?

(please note- I know there's a lot of AoS negativity around (I'm not really a fan)- I'm not asking these questions to be negative. I'm honestly curious)

Spiney Norman
11-09-2015, 14:25
Thanks for the report.

Why did the Skaven guy aim to end the game when he hadn't even tried to go for the actual objective?

Looking at the position he was in at the end of turn 2 I think I would have done exactly the same, he didn't have enough models to contest the objective vs the high elves so trying to salvage something from the game by wiping out the dwarfs definitely seemed like the in character thing to do.

I actually really enjoyed the battle report, though the elf force was pretty overwhelming with all those high-powered heroes, the stormcast player did really well since she had the weakest of the three forces (by quite a long way).

On reflection I think playing games with more than two players is a very good way of balancing out the game, maxing out your selections and bringing a huge force works against you in that context (as the chaos player found out early on) because everyone else gangs up on you.

Overall it feels like a simpler, more intuitive version of the triumph & treachery rules that were such a big hit with wfb, I'd actually quite like to try this battle plan out.

thesoundofmusica
11-09-2015, 15:35
I think that hills giving cover is well within the rules. It says "within or on a terrain piece" in the rules after all.

Multiplayer battles do look like great fun and might even work as a way to balance forces like already mentioned. I will definately give it a go.

Geep
11-09-2015, 15:46
It says "within or on a terrain piece" in the rules after all.

It does say that, but even so- when it was mentioned that people hitting each other with swords on a flat-topped hill gained the benefits of cover, I had a definite 'what?' moment. Each to their own though. Do you discuss this kind of thing before the game?

Are these multi-player rules from something, or were they made up for this game?

Am I right in thinking that models only got to cast spells and shoot in their player turn, but that all models fought in all combats every player turn?

Looking at the position he was in at the end of turn 2 I think I would have done exactly the same, he didn't have enough models to contest the objective vs the high elves so trying to salvage something from the game by wiping out the dwarfs definitely seemed like the in character thing to do.
It would also have been very skaveny to cripple the Dwarfs, then sit back and let the High Elves and Stormcast kill each other, swooping in to claim the prize at the last minute.
I guess my mindset just doesn't fit here- I won't win at all costs, but I'll never give up on going for victory.