PDA

View Full Version : Guardians of the Deepwood

Aezeal
12-09-2015, 12:24
Does Durthu count as one of the treeman/treeman ancients? (I think I know the answer.. but still).

Would it be legal to put "Sylvaneth Wyldwood" warscrolls in a regular armylist.

Spiney Norman
12-09-2015, 15:49
Does Durthu count as one of the treeman/treeman ancients? (I think I know the answer.. but still).

Would it be legal to put "Sylvaneth Wyldwood" warscrolls in a regular armylist.

Durthu has his own warscroll so you could either use that or just count him as a tree lord ancient if you want to use the Sylvaneth battalion scroll, I would say you can't use Durthu as himself as part of the battalion scroll though (though if your opponent says yes...)

As for using scenery scrolls as part of your force in general, you can absolutely do that (pretty much anything goes in AoS anyway).

Aezeal
12-09-2015, 19:35
Yeah I figured that Durthu wouldn't go since he does have the correct key words or name.

Are you certain about the terrain? I mean there is some pretty good terrain available, with a few pieces of terrain you could give al your mages +1 to cast and unbind. How do you place them at army placement or when choosing terrain?

Spiney Norman
13-09-2015, 23:11
Yeah I figured that Durthu wouldn't go since he does have the correct key words or name.

Are you certain about the terrain? I mean there is some pretty good terrain available, with a few pieces of terrain you could give al your mages +1 to cast and unbind. How do you place them at army placement or when choosing terrain?

Discuss with your opponent unless the rules state otherwise (bale wind vortex for example). I don't really see how anyone can cry foul because you want to bring a piece of terrain when there are no rules governing how many models you can bring in your force.

Of course if you're using a comp system that balances the game by adding points you migh want to have a chat with your opponent about the terrain you want to bring and the effect it will have on the game.

Aezeal
14-09-2015, 17:59
Heh I actually bought the last Balewind in my shop yesterday. The AoS rules it has make it clear that it's MEANT to be used as a warscroll for one side. I'll jump my opponent with it for fun (casual gaming anyway).
To play my Sylvaneth I really need a forest or preferably 2 though.

Kurtboard
15-09-2015, 20:26
The Sylvaneth Wyldwood warscroll states it includes 2 woods (so with the formation you get 4 woods to place). Unfortunately it appears you have to place them during terrain setup and before sides are chosen. I like having at least 4 woods, then I know no matter how the table is divided I'll have at least one wood in my deployment and one in my opponents (incase my treemen want to walk the spirit paths).

Aezeal
16-09-2015, 18:50
Yeah but if you don't play the formation you might not get any forests, that is my problem

Vladyhell
17-09-2015, 16:41
When we set the table up we divide into 6/8 2x2 sqaures and,taking it i turns we roll for each square.It's here that we get to place any special terrain instead of rolling on the table.So for instance I roll 1 piece of terrain and instead of just putting anything down and rolling I could choose to put a watchtower down instead or a chapel or a realm gate,if 3 pieces were rolled then you could put a fortified manor down etc. To put a sylvaneth wyldwood down you would need to roll 2 pieces on the chart.You need to be carefull tho as after scenery is set up you roll off and the winner then splits the battlefield and the loser chooses side.

I'm not so sure about just deploying scenery during army deployment.

Aezeal
17-09-2015, 19:27
When we set the table up we divide into 6/8 2x2 sqaures and,taking it i turns we roll for each square.It's here that we get to place any special terrain instead of rolling on the table.So for instance I roll 1 piece of terrain and instead of just putting anything down and rolling I could choose to put a watchtower down instead or a chapel or a realm gate,if 3 pieces were rolled then you could put a fortified manor down etc. To put a sylvaneth wyldwood down you would need to roll 2 pieces on the chart.You need to be carefull tho as after scenery is set up you roll off and the winner then splits the battlefield and the loser chooses side.

I'm not so sure about just deploying scenery during army deployment.

Think that terrain warscroll would actually be allowed RAW, but not sure since it's not covered really. But how else could you play with the balefire vortex?

Vladyhell
17-09-2015, 19:43
the balewind is special i that you must summon it.it's not a normal scenery piece and is never placed at start. Now if you have one you can summon it,if your opponent doesn't have one then he can't is way I'd do it.