PDA

View Full Version : Stormcast Eternal Paladins have different rules in different books.

akai
13-09-2015, 22:00
Paladins in the Quest for Ghal Maraz book listed that 1 out of every 5 can equipped a Starsoul Mace.

Paladins in the Battletome book listed that 2 out of every 5 can equipped a Starsoul Mace.

When the paladin box set was first released, the pdf download version I saw stated (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?410999-AOS-new-releases&p=7511264&viewfull=1#post7511264)it was 2 out of 5. The pdf download was then changed to have a version that stated 1 out of 5. Now, I have one book that states 1 and the newer book states 2....this is pretty sloppy of Games Workshop.

Anyone know the best way to contact GW to know which one actually is the right warscroll version?

Dosiere
14-09-2015, 01:58
GW will never respond to a rules query. I've tried.

Use the latest publication I suppose, since the warscrolls do in fact change over time. If the battle tome says 2 of 5 I would go with that for now. How many maces come in the box of 5 Paladins?

Aezeal
14-09-2015, 18:03
This is the reason why a live online document is awesome.. they can actually change things! The paper is a guideline.. what is online counts.

Dosiere
15-09-2015, 04:59
Is there a way to check when a warscroll was updated in the AoS app? If it was updated after the latest paper publication then yes, I would go with that. Not sure if it's possible to know that though.

Spiney Norman
15-09-2015, 07:18
Is there a way to check when a warscroll was updated in the AoS app? If it was updated after the latest paper publication then yes, I would go with that. Not sure if it's possible to know that though.

Touch and hold the icon for the warscroll you want to check, then delete it and redownload it, if it is different when you redownload it, it has been updated.

Antigone1977
15-09-2015, 12:49
I didn't know deleting and re-downloading was a thing. I just did that to check if they fixed the demigryph profile. Turns out they only have 4 wounds now but move 100 inches and have 66 bravery. I think it's harder to publish content that incorrect than it is to get it right!

Col. Tartleton
15-09-2015, 15:21
Does it matter? They don't have a points cost.

thesoundofmusica
15-09-2015, 18:23
Does it matter? They don't have a points cost.

They have rules though right? I mean usually people try to play by the rules which was kind of the point...

Dosiere
16-09-2015, 13:39
Touch and hold the icon for the warscroll you want to check, then delete it and redownload it, if it is different when you redownload it, it has been updated.

Yes, I know that's how you update a warscroll, but what I was asking is how do we check to see when GW last updated it on their end. If we have a warscroll on the App updated 4 months ago, but a book released last week with different rules, it would make sense to me to use the book until the online version is updated again.

Spiney Norman
16-09-2015, 17:08
Yes, I know that's how you update a warscroll, but what I was asking is how do we check to see when GW last updated it on their end. If we have a warscroll on the App updated 4 months ago, but a book released last week with different rules, it would make sense to me to use the book until the online version is updated again.

To be fair, GW have been very prompt with updating the app, Warscrolls for new/updated models usually go live on the app when they go up for preorder, I think it's unlikely that we would have a new book with new unit rules that were not instantly dated on the app.

Has anyone noticed the battalion scrolls seem to have recently almost doubled in price on the AoS app? I swear I only paid 89p for my gore blade warband, but now other battalion scrolls are showing at 1.49

Aezeal
16-09-2015, 18:52
GW must be testing the waters, see what all will pay.. but I'm not going to spend any cash on that.. I spend my cash on aelf models or on nothing.

Lordmonkey
20-09-2015, 08:49
The paper is a guideline.. what is online counts.

... says who?

Aezeal
20-09-2015, 20:50
... says who?

You are asking that when you have a direct quote above it - the quote comes with the author mentioned.

Lordmonkey
20-09-2015, 23:44
You are asking that when you have a direct quote above it - the quote comes with the author mentioned.

It was my way of asking why is what you say the truth?

Nowhere do the rules say online overrides printed copy. Both are valid. It makes common sense to use whats online, but your statement is not actually backed up by anything iron clad, as it were :)

Dosiere
22-09-2015, 04:04
I see no reason why what's online would trump what's on paper if the paper was last to be released. If the new battle tome says 2 of 5, and the app warscroll hasn't been updated since its release, use the paper version. I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't use the most recent rules, online or not.

Aezeal
22-09-2015, 14:37
It was my way of asking why is what you say the truth?

Nowhere do the rules say online overrides printed copy. Both are valid. It makes common sense to use whats online, but your statement is not actually backed up by anything iron clad, as it were :)

Well... that is open to debate.. I think my opinion is pretty iron clad :)

I see no reason why what's online would trump what's on paper if the paper was last to be released. If the new battle tome says 2 of 5, and the app warscroll hasn't been updated since its release, use the paper version. I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't use the most recent rules, online or not.

It isn't? I thought the online version was newer. It would be sloppy to have a newer paper version and not update the online version.

melonmelon
24-09-2015, 10:34
...It isn't? I thought the online version was newer. It would be sloppy to have a newer paper version and not update the online version.

...If the new battle tome says 2 of 5, and the app warscroll hasn't been updated since its release...

Actually, the app updated to "2 of 5". However, you have to delete the old entry manually. :|

Aezeal
24-09-2015, 13:28
That is what I thought. Are the rules with the models on the side updated correctly?

akai
25-09-2015, 02:54
I don't have a smart phone or pad to use the app. The pdf on the website is still stating 1 of 5 though. It's either just really sloppy or GW or some type of intentional power creep planned for a while (the original PDF on their website in late July was 2 of 5).

Yrch
25-09-2015, 11:24
The Rules on the GW Homepage are scans from the Ghal Maraz book (you can see the Page count down below).
I just updated the Warscrolls in the App and they state "2 in 5" just like the Battletome does.
Shouldn't there be a printed version of the rules with the box (on the back of the insturctions, at least there were with the Skull keep)