PDA

View Full Version : 65 Wound AOS Skaven Army List

ShavenSkaven
15-09-2015, 01:51
Here's current AOS Skaven Army. I am completely open to criticisms/suggestions/etc... Do you guys think this is reasonable (too much/too little)? Would it ever get approved in a club environment? I am relatively new and have only been playing against the Forest Spirit Warhost which out of 6 games so far I am 3/3.

I am trying to stay as faithful to Clan Skryre as possible with this build.

20x Stormvermin with Command
1x Grey Seer
1x Ikit Claw
1x Warlord
1x Skreech Verminking
1x Doom Flayer
1x Doomwheel
1x Warp Lightning Cannon

8 Warscrolls
65 Wounds

Thanks for looking!!! I would like to see some other Skryre based AOS Armies if anyone wants to share!

Antigone1977
15-09-2015, 12:16
Hi,

Looks nice but it's all about context really. So...why 65 wounds? Is that a rule you have with your gaming group? If not then this list will get SD most games (which is not a value statement either way just an observation based on my local meta) - do you use SD or do you play battle plans?. In your 6 games, what did you face? Is this list written to hard counter those games you lost? What are you trying to achieve with the list? What will be your drop order etc?

Apologies if it seems like I'm just procrastinating but AoS needs some of that context to make meaningful comments possible.

ShavenSkaven
15-09-2015, 20:34
I will answer these to the best of my knowledge. Feeling like a real noob right now haha.

"So...why 65 wounds? Is that a rule you have with your gaming group?"

OK My only reasoning behind this is that the Forest Spirit Warhost is 73 wounds. I figured a house rule of 65-75 wounds would be fair. Because I have no club experience I don't know if that range is even close to what most people are playing.

"Do you use SD or do you play battle plans?"

Neither right now. Just straight up vanilla battles. That way we are seeing our armies as they are without forced advantaged/disadvantages. However from your comment I assume this is a low level of wounds compared to the standard?

In your 6 games, what did you face?

HA... either a CLOSE win (within 1-2 models) or I got completely embarrassingly steamrolled.

Is this list written to hard counter those games you lost?

Yes actually. Since my last battle I have acquired the Verminking and Doom Flayer. I expect this balance things out a bit.

What are you trying to achieve with the list?

If I worked up the courage to play at my local hobby shop, I just want to offer a challenge to my opponent and not come ridiculously under-powered.

What will be your drop order etc?

.. :( I don't know what this means...

Hey thanks for your time I hope that clarified some things!

Antigone1977
16-09-2015, 14:08
I wouldn't worry; we're all AoS noobs - what I think may be complete tosh and I'm sure others will have views as well.

If you're playing in a static group then what you've articulated makes perfect sense; you've built a list to compete with other lists you've played against and that's cool.

In fact, if you're looking for PUG at a store then the best way to approach it is just to walk in, start playing and change your list from there. What's the worst that can happen? You lose. As long as you realise why and can attribute any of that to your unit choices and change as time and funds permit then cool. If you're just getting kerb stomped every game and learning nothing then just ask the questions of your opponent. 'If you had my list, what would you have done differently in the game?' and 'What would you add to my units?'

Ultimately gamers generally love to talk game - especially if they've just won. Stores can be very intimidating; I know I was nervous when I first started at stores and clubs but they are a place for like minded individuals; you can't be intimidated by people that spend their spare time pushing plastic goblins around with a ruler, right? ;)