PDA

View Full Version : Another large gaming company shutting down their forums

HelloKitty
17-09-2015, 02:35
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/wizards-coast-community-forums-be-shut-down-2015-09-16

H3L!X
17-09-2015, 04:57
Well as it seems it isn't used too well.
But what they mention is to evolve with the current customers and go communicate with them via Facebook and so on.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

ntw3001
17-09-2015, 05:10
I seem to remember them redesigning their forums fairly regularly and making them worse every time, so it's no big surprise. With decisions like ceasing to create threads for articles posted on the main site, it seems like someone in the company doesn't really like the website as a way to communicate with fans.

Are comments available on Gatherer nowadays? It was impossible to post new comments for at least a year. I don't know whether they ever got fixed.

williamsond
17-09-2015, 06:34
yup i think the big diffence here is that they are giving loads of warning and have loads of out modern media channels to comunicate with their customer base, I don't think this is a sinister plot just a company that thinks (rightly or wrongly) that their forums just aren't that useful anymore.

I know I use and buy a lot of wizards products and games and havent been on their official forum in years, so maybe they are right in this case, other social media outlets seem to be where I scratch my Wizards of the coast itch.

mdauben
30-10-2015, 21:52
Sorry to hear this. While I like social media for some things, I really prefer the old fashioned forums for having actual discussions.

Tupinamba
01-11-2015, 22:00
Sorry to hear this. While I like social media for some things, I really prefer the old fashioned forums for having actual discussions.

Absolutely. Unfortunately, there seems to be a general trend to abandon forums for facebook and co. The most traditional wargaming forums in Brazil are almost dead, while groups in facebook are growing. I really donīt understand that, to be true. The facebook groups have almost no real discussions going on. Only very short snippets of comments.

I find it quite depressing really.

The_Real_Chris
03-11-2015, 10:22
Companies I think far prefer facebook and similar. You create a constant 'buzz' with little effort and issues die relatively quickly and are quickly buried.

I have no time for such places, they are ok as a noticeboard but little else. Impossible to disuss or develop rules for example.

sigur
09-11-2015, 15:11
Yeah, the sad thing is that the Forum, whilst much more useful, less ADD-ridden and sensible a format for discussion and such seems to go away, at least for the broad population. Facebook is much easier to cope with for companies and of course means much less work on their part.