PDA

View Full Version : Archaon 3000pts Ard Boyz Tournament

Lordcypress
19-09-2015, 00:54
Archaon (Lore of Shadow)
Dorghar

Exalted Hero
Nurgle, Deamonic Mount, BSB, Dragon Helm, Great Weapon, Crown of Command, Soul Feeder.

Chariot of Nurgle
Chariot of Nurgle
Chariot of Nurgle
Chariot of Nurgle

5 x Chaos Warhounds
5 x Chaos Warhounds

5 x Marauder Horsemen
Musician

5 x Marauder Horsemen
Musician

5 x Juggernauts of Khorne (Archaon and BSB Exalted Hero here)
Enscorcelled Weapons, Standard, Banner of Rage

Gorebeast Chariot
Gorebeast Chariot

Chimera
Regen, Flaming Breath

Chimera
Regen, Flaming Breath

HellCannon

Total: 3000pts

Again this is designed for an Ard Boy'z Tournament at the end of November. 3000pts 8th edition Fantasy. Really wanted to include Archaon as I just bought the painted model off of Ebay for basically nothing.

Jind_Singh
17-10-2015, 06:49
Let us know how this goes - pretty cut & dried standard list for this type of build. Some armies will tear you a new one, some armies will be torn apart instead.

It doesn't have the double deamon prince combo, and lacks magic

BUT the BSB can't take Mark of Nurgle!

Well he can but then he can't join a unit with MoK - so you may want to rethink that....

Jind_Singh
17-10-2015, 06:50
Also MoK on the Chariots is amazing - can't overlook the fact that both riders and both steeds gain the extra attack in this case...

Jind_Singh
17-10-2015, 06:51
Finally - you also get style points now because it's basically a Khorne army led by the 3 eyed King himself - VERY fluffy

Lordcypress
27-12-2015, 00:08
Thanks for the reply. After playtesting I found this list just doesn't have the staying power. There's just not enough wounds in the army. But my opponents sure did like playing against this list. They were totally scared at first. Need to really avoid those horde units that dish out strength 5 and higher attacks.

GrandmasterWang
10-01-2016, 14:07
Thanks for the reply. After playtesting I found this list just doesn't have the staying power. There's just not enough wounds in the army. But my opponents sure did like playing against this list. They were totally scared at first. Need to really avoid those horde units that dish out strength 5 and higher attacks.
How did Archaon himself do? Did he claim any notable scalps or achieve anything huge in any of thr games you played?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk