PDA

View Full Version : Scabeiathrax

thanoson
21-09-2015, 11:49
Umm.... is this guy overcosted for what he does? No psychics, poison, eternal warrior or insta death capabilities. For 777 points?

A.T.
21-09-2015, 12:58
Umm.... is this guy overcosted for what he does?Yep.

He was decent enough back in early 5th-ish but the daemon lords in general have always been very hit and miss when it comes to their rules.

youngsamwise
21-09-2015, 14:28
He is not overcosted as daemons go - all monsters for daemons are out of line in current 40k. However don't forget he is a gargantuan creature and a daemon lord so he has immunity to instant death, a phenomenal invulnerable save, immunity to poison weapons and feel no pain. I thought he was poison 2+ but that may have been pre IA13.

Dark Primus
21-09-2015, 18:40
He's tough, hard to take down but he's not worth those points because so far I can see he can rarely earn back those points.

thanoson
22-09-2015, 11:05
They should have at least given him more wounds. And a mastery of 1 at least.

mikesmight123
23-09-2015, 20:21
Daemon lords are ancient and in serious need of a rules update,

As for old sabbie he is probs the weakest of the daemon lords for making his points back.

He is super survivable, shrouded 3++ and 4+ fnp is super, but then again these are all easily made by the current cd codex for a much cheaper price.

Due to the forgeworld of bs of him not being allowed to take up 25% or more of u army unless in apocalypse is a bummer. However he is cool and that's all that matter is apocalypse.

If I had a choice I would make him ws7 bs 3 s7 t 10 w8 or more, I 4 ld 10 and 5 attacks base. Also with his current super sword, toughness test Shenanigans and nurgling attacks . He should also be a psyker lvl 2 or more

Toughness 10 because I will nit stand the new tau suit as being as tough as scabbie

Azazel
23-09-2015, 20:42
Daemon lords are ancient and in serious need of a rules update,

Due to the forgeworld of bs of him not being allowed to take up 25% or more of u army unless in apocalypse is a bummer. However he is cool and that's all that matter is apocalypse.

I bet that the Forgeworld Daemon Lords won't lose that restriction or receive a nice buff to their stats and abilities untill GW have released all the plastic Greater Daemons.

Shame because they're awesome models.

EDIT: Doesn't Scabby still have the Hellstorm breath weapon?

mikesmight123
23-09-2015, 20:44
I bet that the Forgeworld Daemon Lords won't lose that restriction or receive a nice buff to their stats and abilities untill GW have released all the plastic Greater Daemons.

Yeah, I would buy the fw guo if Nurgle daemonkin wasn't bring a platic guo (which it will)

mikesmight123
02-10-2015, 07:12

Yeah he still has the hellstorm as of imperial armour 13

gwarsh41
06-10-2015, 20:19
Basic rule - If its FW and has its a daemonic creature, it is probably overcosted. Look at the new experimental rules for Cor'Bax. Be'lakor style pricetag, but will be tarpitted by tactical marines.

mikesmight123
08-10-2015, 08:27
Basic rule - If its FW and has its a daemonic creature, it is probably overcosted. Look at the new experimental rules for Cor'Bax. Be'lakor style pricetag, but will be tarpitted by tactical marines.

Blight drones seem quite cheap for what they are and what they can do.

thanoson
08-10-2015, 18:24
As it is, I can get 2 GUO's for under his price, fully kitted out that would destroy him.

Bonzai
09-10-2015, 19:45
He is over costed, but he is probably my second favorite model of all time (the first being the FW Avatar).

That said, he has his uses. He pretty much a GUO on steroids. Near impossible to kill, can deep strike in the back field, and force your opponent to either deal with him or redeploy entirely. Yeah he can be tarpited, but it is a GC and can tap dance his way out.

GrandmasterWang
10-10-2015, 16:35
He is over costed, but he is probably my second favorite model of all time (the first being the FW Avatar).

That said, he has his uses. He pretty much a GUO on steroids. Near impossible to kill, can deep strike in the back field, and force your opponent to either deal with him or redeploy entirely. Yeah he can be tarpited, but it is a GC and can tap dance his way out.

What model? Do you mean the FW great unclean one?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bonzai
10-10-2015, 17:05
That's the one.

gwarsh41
12-10-2015, 21:13
I ran Scabbie in an apoc game last weekend. With the rules we had, he arrive turn 1, belched liquid death all over pathfinders, fire warriors and a few suits. Took a bunch of fire, and charged a riptide turn 2. He swung at the riptide twice, I rolled like poo, riptide made saves, nothing happened, then we called it. He did take a LOT of firepower and just delt with it. I still think a brass scorpion is a better deal.