PDA

View Full Version : Brets vs Night Goblins

SuperHappyTime
25-09-2015, 05:31
So these are two lists I've committed to painting during the Tale of AoSPainters, and wanted to know how others think they might stack up against each other:

Night Goblin Great Moonclan
NG Warboss
NG Shaman
5 Squig Hoppers
20 Night Goblins (Spears and Shields)
20 Night Goblins (Spears and Shields)
20 Night Goblins (Bows)
3 Fanatics

Bretonnia Peasant Militia
Paladin
10 Men at Arms
10 Men at Arms
10 Bowmen
10 Bowmen
Field Trebuchet

It's a little leaning toward the Night Goblins, but the Brets have one model too many for an immediate sudden death.

jesseperkins89
11-10-2015, 10:12
In my experience the night goblins are pathetic. But I could be wrong.

Davidian
11-10-2015, 22:27
In my experience the night goblins are pathetic. But I could be wrong.

Long time goblin general here. Combine the two units og spear-gobs into one horde and you should take them to town anyday.

At this level, ditch the wiz and put a BSB in the gobbos. It's far more beneficial ;D... or essential... yeah, running away can be easy... and infectious with panic XD

The squighoppers are ideal for chewing through cheap unarmoured humans. Skirmishers to boot so further -1 hit. You could balance that up by adding defensive stakes from somewhere.

I've used lists like this against similar empire lists only with mortar>treb and outrider/rifles>archers. The age of the Bret book is it's real weakness :( pity.

jesseperkins89
11-10-2015, 23:45
Long time goblin general here. Combine the two units og spear-gobs into one horde and you should take them to town anyday.

God forbid you lose initiative and don't get to attack first. The saves for gobbos make it hard in my experience at least.