PDA

View Full Version : khorne warrior priest prayer

savage dominion!!!
25-09-2015, 16:11
Hey just to quick questions...first one...

When retreating can you run or just use your normal movement?

This new khorne warrior priest one of his prayers state that any enemy unit within 16" must run as far as possible towards one of your units. Does this mean that that unit needs to roll to run because if the opposing player rolled a 3 for example thats not as far as possible so would you automatically add 6" to the run since that is far as possible???

Cheers for any help

Vladyhell
25-09-2015, 16:29
We play you can run when retreating,nothing to say otherwise.

Spiney Norman
25-09-2015, 22:13
Yes you can choose to run while performing a retreat move

Regarding the blood bind prayer, the enemy unit would move their movement value +D6" (a normal run move) towards your nearest unit, however they would have to move the full distance (rather than an elective run move made in your own movement phase where the unit may move up to (i.e. less than or equal to) the total of move value + D6 roll. The only exception to that would be that they must still obey the 3" rule.

I would assume that if the unit targeted has any bonuses to its run move (such as if it had been whipped by a blood stoker) those bonuses would apply to a run move forced on it by the blood bind prayer as well.

Blood bind is an incredibly useful ability for pulling units out of their battle line so your units can mob them.

Aezeal
27-09-2015, 20:25
Yes you can choose to run while performing a retreat move

Regarding the blood bind prayer, the enemy unit would move their movement value +D6" (a normal run move) towards your nearest unit, however they would have to move the full distance (rather than an elective run move made in your own movement phase where the unit may move up to (i.e. less than or equal to) the total of move value + D6 roll. The only exception to that would be that they must still obey the 3" rule.

I would assume that if the unit targeted has any bonuses to its run move (such as if it had been whipped by a blood stoker) those bonuses would apply to a run move forced on it by the blood bind prayer as well.

Blood bind is an incredibly useful ability for pulling units out of their battle line so your units can mob them.

You are mistaken... I have read these forum and anything resembling strategy cannot be in AoS....

savage dominion!!!
28-09-2015, 23:15
Cheers for explaining it fully pal, it seems like a really good way of luring enemy troops out ill have to watch out for that!!