PDA

View Full Version : I have to say it!!

Lordcypress
26-09-2015, 03:52
I remember it wasn't that long ago that 40k was regarded as the "kiddy game". You all know it too. But then came along AoS and funnily enough 40k is regarded as a tactful game now. I haven't seen a single post about 40k bashing in awhile. So all you 40k players should be praising AoS. It took all the abuse you use to get and shifted it away in a single release of AoS. Funny how life works like that.

Ben
26-09-2015, 07:36
When 40k Age of the Emperor comes out and there are rules that give bonuses for Nurgle players picking their noses and eating it, 40k will be back to being the kiddy game.

theredknight
26-09-2015, 08:39
relativity at its best :D

Katastrophe
26-09-2015, 13:41
GW makes neither "tactical" nor "games" just models.

Sephillion
26-09-2015, 16:41
...I never considered 40K a kiddy game. AoS didn't change my opinion on 40K, although I fear it suffers the same treatment. Is this like baiting?

NagashLover
26-09-2015, 21:15
...I never considered 40K a kiddy game. AoS didn't change my opinion on 40K, although I fear it suffers the same treatment. Is this like baiting?

Probably baiting without realizing it, most likely an attempt at some humor.

As for the 40K being "kiddy", I've seen it around these boards back before 8th Edition Warhammer Fantasy failed to succeed and it was generally used as way to say that 40K lacked the complexity, depth and maturity (because Space Marines are all the rave with the younger crowd while Scooby Doo rat men are obviously for the adult crowd) of WFB. Things generally (but not restricted too) cited would include importance of the movement, charges and melee in WFB over 40K, as well as 40K lacking an "M" in the profile.

Hence the people the TC is attempting to jab at for what basically was a defense mechanism some used to validate the why WFB was doing worse than 40K in sales.

Geep
26-09-2015, 21:47
40k is still a 'kiddy' game (and heading further down that road all the time), but AoS is a foetus game (both a reference to being more 'kiddy', and still undeveloped).

I played both Fantasy and 40k during what I now consider to be their golden years. They were both fun, but Fantasy did always have more elements- thanks to the rank and file nature, magic phase (though 40k now has that), and the fact that combat is king in Fantasy, while shooting is typically king in 40k (I find that appropriate, but manoeuvring a block unit for a good charge will always be harder than manoeuvring a skirmish unit to shoot well). I always found the variety to be a good thing, and had great times with both games.