PDA

View Full Version : What would Forge Father's count as in 40k?

Getifa Ubazza
26-09-2015, 06:04
As the title says. I really like the Forge Father's and intend to get some and while I will probably buy Warpath, I would also like to use them in 40k. But what army in 40k fits them best?

My initial thoughts are maybe the Stormtroopers army, sorry can't remember what they are called or IG in general. I'm not sure they would work completely as Marines, although some of their units do feel Marine inspired. I guess if I used them as Marines, I could just use Steel Warriors as Scouts with bolters.

Anyway, just wanted to ask you guys and see if anyone has an opinion on this.

Thanks

Dkoz
26-09-2015, 06:58
The forge fathers from Mantic games would fit in either a Astra Militarum or a Militarum Tempestus arm just fine, I'd have to agree w/you that they don't really seem to fit in with the Adeptus Astartes.

cuda1179
26-09-2015, 07:01
Have you thought about Orks? I know it seems silly (and almost Ironic considering how dwarves feel about orks). However, 'Ard boys would make good rules for Forgefather units, as would Ork tanks. Ork battle wagons could quite well represent the rules for the proposed new Forgefather tank. Lighter units could be boys, and the REALLY heavily armed guys are obviously Mega Armor Nobs.

Also, Orks have artillery units, just like the Forgefathers.

Getifa Ubazza
26-09-2015, 12:27
The forge fathers from Mantic games would fit in either a Astra Militarum or a Militarum Tempestus arm just fine, I'd have to agree w/you that they don't really seem to fit in with the Adeptus Astartes.

Tempestus, yes. That's the chaps I was thinking of. It's Comic Con up here today, so my brain is..............

Have you thought about Orks? I know it seems silly (and almost Ironic considering how dwarves feel about orks). However, 'Ard boys would make good rules for Forgefather units, as would Ork tanks. Ork battle wagons could quite well represent the rules for the proposed new Forgefather tank. Lighter units could be boys, and the REALLY heavily armed guys are obviously Mega Armor Nobs.

Also, Orks have artillery units, just like the Forgefathers.

Strange as it sounds, as soon as I shutdown my PC, I thought about Orks. I have Orks already, but they are very CC in nature. A Bloodaxe style shooty army with loads of Shootaboyz in Eavy Armour, Meganobz, Lootas\Flash Gitz, obviously Kommandos and some Mek Gunz. Maybe even build a Stompa, if I can find a good model that won't take too much converting.

I like the sound of that. The bad shooting could simply be put down to their eagerness to get the boot in asap. As long as I paint all their beards orange, I'm sure my opponent will get the message.

One thought does come to mind though. How do I represent Grots? You know, for the gun crews. I was thinking maybe tiny little robots, but where would I get those from?

Thanks

cuda1179
26-09-2015, 14:23
Tempestus, yes. That's the chaps I was thinking of. It's Comic Con up here today, so my brain is..............

Strange as it sounds, as soon as I shutdown my PC, I thought about Orks. I have Orks already, but they are very CC in nature. A Bloodaxe style shooty army with loads of Shootaboyz in Eavy Armour, Meganobz, Lootas\Flash Gitz, obviously Kommandos and some Mek Gunz. Maybe even build a Stompa, if I can find a good model that won't take too much converting.

I like the sound of that. The bad shooting could simply be put down to their eagerness to get the boot in asap. As long as I paint all their beards orange, I'm sure my opponent will get the message.

One thought does come to mind though. How do I represent Grots? You know, for the gun crews. I was thinking maybe tiny little robots, but where would I get those from?

Thanks

What about the new Brokker models Mantic has for the Forgefathers? Aren't they just skinny, unarmored guys? They seem like they'd work.

Getifa Ubazza
26-09-2015, 14:46
What about the new Brokker models Mantic has for the Forgefathers? Aren't they just skinny, unarmored guys? They seem like they'd work.

I was thinking of them as Kommandos, but yes, they would work.

stainawarjar
29-09-2015, 16:29
The Imperialis Militia list from HH5 is pefect for them, you can make guardsmen with toughness 4, initiative 2 and power armour.

agurus1
29-09-2015, 20:09
The Imperialis Militia list from HH5 is pefect for them, you can make guardsmen with toughness 4, initiative 2 and power armour.

I second this people are already using it to represent the old squats

skorczeny
29-09-2015, 22:15
And just to state the obvious, you can also play them as Squats in 2nd edition :)

Getifa Ubazza
29-09-2015, 22:55
And just to state the obvious, you can also play them as Squats in 2nd edition :)

If Mantic bring out bikes for them and a landtrain, I will.

Cheeslord
30-09-2015, 12:33
If you have a friendly gaming group, why not try writing your own up-to-date rules for Squats? That was what I was working on (in the long term) before bad things happened to my 40k gaming group.

Mark.

cuda1179
01-10-2015, 01:09
If you have a friendly gaming group, why not try writing your own up-to-date rules for Squats? That was what I was working on (in the long term) before bad things happened to my 40k gaming group.

Mark.

I had similar ideas. A while back there was a discussion on Demiurg and how they could be unique and different. A couple of my ideas included having a mining theme. Or have one of the units be a vehicle, with the option of taking troops (kind of the opposite of troops having the option of a transport). Another idea was a larger vehicle (think Monolith in size) that could transport some smaller vehicles (landspeeer sized).