PDA

View Full Version : If you're enjoying AoS, which of these is true about WHFB for you?

Closet_Geek
27-09-2015, 20:46
We all know the negative buzz surrounding AoS. But for those who are embracing and enjoying AoS, how has this affected you're connection to WHFB? Thought everyone on both sides might benefit from understanding this a bit better.

Spiney Norman
27-09-2015, 20:51
Not at all, I'm still playing wfb, we're still enjoying playing around with the end times scenarios at the moment. Also most of our AoS games have been notionally 'set in' the old wfb world while we're waiting for the AoS narrative to develop past stormcast eternals.

Also, the poll doesn't seem to be working

Fattyś
27-09-2015, 21:57
Also I could use an option like: I play WFB/Oldhammer, and never AoS.

ScruffMan
27-09-2015, 22:05

~ Are you serious? Did you even read the thread title?

Kherith
27-09-2015, 22:10
Poll isn't working but currently I'm only playing AoS. I wouldn't object to a game of whfb but I can only make AoS night regularly and in any case I prefer AoS games.

Closet_Geek
27-09-2015, 22:14

Really just looking to see how those who are playing AoS have changed how much they play WHFB, or if AoS actually brought them in to the fantasy(ish) GW genre without a WHFB background.

Closet_Geek
27-09-2015, 22:18
Poll isn't working but currently I'm only playing AoS. I wouldn't object to a game of whfb but I can only make AoS night regularly and in any case I prefer AoS games.

Yikes. My first poll so maybe I set it up wrong? Anyone know why it wouldn't be working? I tried voting myself and it blocked me, but I just assumed that meant you can't vote for your own poll.

As for me, I've played AoS occasionally for very quick casual games, and also used it as an intro game for a new player the other day. But mostly still play 8th.

Kherith
27-09-2015, 22:25
It says the poll is closed did you set a time limit accidentally?

Leogun_91
27-09-2015, 22:29
It should have options for playing 40k and AoS. All AoS players I have met play 40k.

Closet_Geek
27-09-2015, 22:29
It says the poll is closed did you set a time limit accidentally?

I left the time at the default setting "0" which the instructions said would keep it open indefinitely. Bummer this isn't working, was really curious about this.

HelloKitty
28-09-2015, 00:30
I only play AoS because no one here will play 8th anymore because its "dead".

SuperHappyTime
28-09-2015, 00:53
Ya, poll still closed. Just reopen it with a time selected. Should be under 'Thread Tools' just above the first post.

If the OP wanted a poll that is VERY skewed toward one option, he wouldn't have put "If you're enjoying AoS". After that point, the poll becomes just another measure of how much of the community is still present.

I only play AoS because no one here will play 8th anymore because its "dead".

I mentioned in the Geographic Area poll, 8th didn't exist here anyway, so I never get to play it. That does not equal never would play though.

Fattyś
28-09-2015, 11:33
~ Are you serious? Did you even read the thread title?

You are right, my mistake. :(

Drakkar du Chaos
28-09-2015, 11:42
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?413896-What-have-you-been-playing-lately

AoS gamers are actually 28 on Warseer so whatever.

Lordmonkey
28-09-2015, 20:32
The closest choice to my situation would be i play aos and dont play wfb. But thats because myself and the rest of my club dont want to play an unsupported game.

Didn't vote, because I feel like the poll is going to misrepresent the opinion. Maybe if youd included a KoW option...

Closet_Geek
28-09-2015, 23:27
Well my first attempt at a poll was quite the train wreck. Thanks for the input, but nothing seems to allow me back in to reset the poll. Only option seems to be to close the thread. And as one of you astutely figured out from another poll, seems there are only 28 (now 34) people on Warseer who have even played AoS in the past 2 weeks so my poll wasn't about to get a deluge of responses anyway.

Was just hoping to get a better feel for the impact AoS adopters may be having on the amount of WHFB still being played out there. Seems there are too few on Warseer that fit that description anyway. Thanks for the few of you who did manage to share some insight. Signing off...