PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Scorpion Arrival

Aezeal
27-09-2015, 20:48
The scorpion can be set up @ 6"from an enemy. Most other units I've seen (I've not read all compendia) have to stay 9" from the enemy ... do you think this is an error or intentional. Are there more units which can "teleport" on the table closer than 6"?

Spiney Norman
27-09-2015, 20:54
I think the 6" was intentional, when ripperdactyls come down, for example, they are placed anywhere more than 3" from an enemy.

Aezeal
27-09-2015, 22:05
True but that is with the formation only. My Treemen, DE shades, but also the TK swarm in the same compendium, (most or) all summons have 9".

Spiney Norman
28-09-2015, 00:05
True but that is with the formation only. My Treemen, DE shades, but also the TK swarm in the same compendium, (most or) all summons have 9".

It's worth pointing out this is not a summon, it's a special deployment, I think it has rather more in common with the ripperdactyls dropping out of the sky with any summoning spell.

Aezeal
28-09-2015, 07:59
It's worth pointing out this is not a summon, it's a special deployment, I think it has rather more in common with the ripperdactyls dropping out of the sky with any summoning spell.

True, but the treeman teleport, shades arriving andtombswarm arriving are similar too.. I guess we'll never know since we can't ask GW :S

hoggle76
28-09-2015, 11:36
hunting hounds in the wood elf army dont have the enemy proximity restriction, just have to be summoned within 8" of summoner (though they are limited to 5 model units when summoning, make incredible harassment and speedbump units)- so it is variable in the way 'reserves' are brought on to the table, so id say yes tomb scorpions are fine with their 6" away

Aezeal
28-09-2015, 20:35
Damn that one is from my own army book... but if the summoner is within 8"of something ít's already at risk.. the tomb scorpion arrivés (potentiallY) behind your lines and can kill a caster or at least tie it up. The 6"is also a near certain succes of the charge which is what makes it a bit strong IMHO compared to the 9" teleports.