PDA

View Full Version : Khorgoraths, how many is to many???

Getifa Ubazza
29-09-2015, 13:21
As the title says. How many Khorgoraths is to many in a single army?

So, I was reading the book that comes in the starter set and it says that Khorgoraths are a unit consisting of as many Khorgoraths as you want. In other words, it's not a single Monster, but a unit of Monsters.

If\when GW bring out a kit for this guy, would a unit of say three of them be to much?

Thanks

Kegslayer
29-09-2015, 14:23
I have a unit of two so far. If a multi part kit comes out ill likely get another two. They rock. The battalion with the flayer and skull reapers that give them silly amounts of attacks is epic also.

Ie you'll never have enough 😉

Getifa Ubazza
29-09-2015, 16:10
I have a unit of two so far. If a multi part kit comes out ill likely get another two. They rock. The battalion with the flayer and skull reapers that give them silly amounts of attacks is epic also.

Ie you'll never have enough ��

I don't have the books yet, as I want to work on what I have already and don't want to go nuts. I will go nuts if I get the books right now.

I originally wanted 5 but thought that was a bit OTT. Now I'm not sure. ;)

Spiney Norman
29-09-2015, 17:29
As many as you like as far as I'm concerned, I've used mine a fair bit and they're pretty tame as monsters go, most units of ten (or five of something moe elite like blood warriors or liberators) will take them down in a round or two.

Kegslayer
29-09-2015, 18:16
As many as you like as far as I'm concerned, I've used mine a fair bit and they're pretty tame as monsters go, most units of ten (or five of something moe elite like blood warriors or liberators) will take them down in a round or two.

This is why you'll want to use the battalion versions. Two, three of them backed up with the reapers will decimate pretty much anything in front of them

Aezeal
01-10-2015, 07:26
Thank god there are comps :D

Kegslayer
02-10-2015, 18:44
Thank god there are comps :D

Thank god so many of these comps are so badly done not many uses them. 😊

Aezeal
04-10-2015, 10:59
Thank god so many of these comps are so badly done not many uses them. 

I just prefer my opponent not summoning 1000 chaos warrior a turn.

Lissė-Prime
04-10-2015, 16:13
IMO, Comps and points are nonsense, as the rule said to use number of models.
In extreme cases which I saw them in action, is that one can go wild and put monsters after monsters, ultimately running out of battlefield space to set them up and seeing the opposing player simply won because they are more flexible to move.

Any house rules trying to make balance out of the AoS rules should be space limit, not points. (e.g. You can say that one side and only place units that are completely fit in a 2x2 tile.)

So I would say you can use 50 Khorgoraths if you want and praying for the opponent not to summon waves of 2,000 skeletons to overrun them.

UndeadKing
12-10-2015, 10:18
I have four, two starter set ones converted, one made with daemon prince parts and my final one out the helbrute kit. I cant wait to hopefully get a multipart kit