PDA

View Full Version : Lamenters Uniform

Mage
07-10-2015, 11:49
So, a couple of questions about the Lamenters unfirom:

(1) What is the exact shade of yellow? Should it be a strong one, or a pale one, or middle of the road? I have the Badab War book and they seem pale, but is that from battle damage and campaigning?

(2) Why do they have all the checked patterns on their armour

(3) Do they follow Blood Angels or Codex markings? Cant remember. Do they do the Blood Angels helmet thing by squad type?

TheHuminoid
07-10-2015, 14:25
1) I see people use what looks to be a color a few shades more yellowy(?) than the one that is commonly used on The Imperial fists however several other people say a mustard yellow

2) I don't have the foggiest idea why there are checkered patterns (stop asking questions just paint those checkered things for some reason)

3) They do follow the Blood Angel markings however what is the "helmet thing"?

Lord Damocles
07-10-2015, 15:03
(1) What is the exact shade of yellow? Should it be a strong one, or a pale one, or middle of the road? I have the Badab War book and they seem pale, but is that from battle damage and campaigning?
Depictions tend to be a shade less bright than the Imperial Fists.

There might not be a single in-universe shade (or the shade may have changed over time). This certainly seems to be the case with the Grey Knights who are shown in a variety of silvers in Imperial Armour Volume 2.

(2) Why do they have all the checked patterns on their armour
Because it's pretty.
Imperial Armour Volume 9 shows lamenters without the chequering (when the Chapter symbol isn't on the shoulder), but then variations in Chapter symbol aren't uncommon.

(3) Do they follow Blood Angels or Codex markings? Cant remember. Do they do the Blood Angels helmet thing by squad type?
Company markings appear to be denoted by a numeral on the right shoulder or a knee, but they don't exhibit coloured shoulder trims,
Squad type is shown by Codex markings.
Squad number doesn't appear to be shown (possibly because they're fluid?). Certainly they aren't indicated by the knee markings used by Blood Angels.
Veteran status appears to be denoted by a black helmet stripe.

I've never seen an image which shows Lamenters with different coloured helmets to show squad type (Imperial Armour Volume 9 only shows Tactical and Assault squads, who would both have yellow helmets either way). The use of Codex squad markings, and the black veteran stripe would suggest that they don't have the variant helmet colourings.

More recent depictions have omitted the orange helmet stripe, so this might be a variant, or a campaign badge.