PDA

View Full Version : 2500 pts Empire

Smooth Boy
07-10-2015, 19:41
This list comes in at 2465 so I have quite a bit of wriggle room. Supposed to be an all comers list but I still have to buy some of the stuff. Semi-competitive.

Lords
LV 4 Wizard Lord
dispel scroll

Heroes
Captain (BSB)
full plate
enchanted shield
talisman of preservation
luckstone

Warrior Priest
heavy armour
shield
dragon helm
warhorse with barding

Warrior Priest
heavy armour
charmed shield
opal amulet

Master Engineer

Core
39 Halberdiers
full command
Detachment
2 x 5 archers
^ Warrior Priest here

10 Archers
^ Wizard Bunker

14 Inner Circle Knights
full command
banner of swiftness
^ Warrior Priest here

Rare
29 greatswords
full command
razor standard
^ BSB here

3 Demigryph Knights
standard bearer
musician

Great Cannon

Special
Helblaster Volley Gun
^ Engineer here

Steam Tank

= 2495

I wanted to cram as much in as I could in terms of variety, I love great swords just not sure how good they are anymore.

Cheers

e. gave ToP to BSB and changed discipline standard to razor standard.

Lordcypress
07-10-2015, 20:23
I would protect your BSB more. Maybe give him the Talisman of Preservation instead. Your wizard doesn't really need it. You have to miscast 3 times in the same game to kill yourself without getting sucked into the void of course. Your BSB on the other hand is going to see hand to hand combat. A 2+ armour save is good but I would include a ward too. Or the Dawn Stone. Maybe consider taking the Razor Standard on your Great Swords. -3 to armour saves is pretty decent damage output for any infantry block.

Other than that the list looks good. It has variety. You fast moving troops, blocks for grinding and a little bit of shooting too. Those are the most fun lists to play with, when you are active in all 4 phases of the game.

Smooth Boy
07-10-2015, 22:08
Thanks for the advice Lordcy, I might just spend the last 5 points on tormentor sword for a laugh. I was wondering through, will greatswords be alright without a detachment? I could split the two I have on my halberds so each block has 1 detachment, or I could scrap engineer for another 10 archers in 2x5 detachments.

Captain Idaho
08-10-2015, 08:42
Fun list.

No expert on Empire, but I think that many Greatswords can still function without detachments. I use 24 Swordmasters in a block of 6x4 and they perform well despite internet wisdom screeching at me.

Captain Idaho
08-10-2015, 08:45
Fun list.

No expert on Empire, but I think that many Greatswords can still function without detachments. I use 24 Swordmasters in a block of 6x4 and they perform well despite internet wisdom screeching at me.

Jind_Singh
11-10-2015, 03:21
Warrior priest ideally would help the greatswords out a lot better as its a decent combat unit