PDA

View Full Version : Butcher's Nails + Blood Angels

Major Richard Sharpe
10-10-2015, 00:41
Hypothetically if one implanted the Butcher's Nails into a Blood Angel (or Blood Angels descended Chapter). Would the combination of the inherent rage from the Nails plus the rage dormant in a blood angel create a space marine that is literally angry all the time?

inb4 fanfiction accusation.

Karhedron
10-10-2015, 21:42
I think implanting the Nails in anyone will create heightened aggression, that is their purpose. I suspect that if a BA was fitted with nails it might well trigger the Black Rage. The BA's training is partly about controlling the rage, the Nails are designed to enhance it. I think that BA + Nails = instant Death Company.

Major Richard Sharpe
10-10-2015, 22:09
I think implanting the Nails in anyone will create heightened aggression, that is their purpose. I suspect that if a BA was fitted with nails it might well trigger the Black Rage. The BA's training is partly about controlling the rage, the Nails are designed to enhance it. I think that BA + Nails = instant Death Company.

That actually sounds hilarious. Im mentally picturing a form of torture wherein captured Blood Angels get implanted with the Nails for the lulz by some dodgy scientist (aka. Fabius Bile)

Romanov77
11-10-2015, 22:39
space marine that is literally angry all the time?

I see what you did there.

Getifa Ubazza
12-10-2015, 13:03
Hmmm! Angry Marines? That sounds like a great idea for a chapter. But how would you paint them? :p

fluxdeluxe
12-10-2015, 19:19
That actually sounds hilarious. Im mentally picturing a form of torture wherein captured Blood Angels get implanted with the Nails for the lulz by some dodgy scientist (aka. Fabius Bile)

its actually a great idea, I can see some broody semi sane khornate berserker showing a blood angel exactly how quickly they will fall by driving the nails into their skull. I don't think it would be instantaneous that doesn't seem to be the way the nails work it would be insidious.

you could have a situation where a captured son of sanguinus was released into a labyrinth or maze like environment and hunted every encounter dragging him closer and closer to the abyss, maybe bringing out aspects of the 'Red Angel'. Cool idea major ��

BrainFireBob
19-10-2015, 04:32
Or the opposite, given their training to resist the rage.

"Bwahaha, how do you feel now, BA?"

"MILDLY IRRITATED. Seriously, you stub my toe, guy?"

Lupe
26-10-2015, 10:02

Well, most of the traitor Legions have been known to replenish their numbers with renegades from the Space marine chapters...

And successors of the IXth Legion have been known to be declared heretics (Flesh Eaters) or to become renegades, or, heck, even just get stuck in on the wrong side of a civil war. It's not impossible for Marines with Sanguinius' genetic legacy to have ended up in one of the XIIth legion warbands, one way or another. I'd imagine the World Eaters would have a hard time trusting new recruits who would refuse the nails :)

Casper Hawser
10-11-2015, 11:28
The Blood Angels would get + 2 strength on the charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk