PDA

View Full Version : Exalted Deathbringer

SimaoSegunda
12-10-2015, 11:28
An exalted Deathbringer gets extra attacks if it is within 12" of a Khorne general. If you choose him to be your general, does he count as within 12" of himself and get the bonus attacks?

ChaosGrobi
12-10-2015, 12:31
There are several occasions where this question arises:
E.g. does the Blood Secrator profit from the portal of skulls, may the Lord Relictor heal himself or may Khorgos Khul apply his commanding ability on himself etc.
We decided that it is not allowed if it's not explicitly stated in the warscroll (which is sometimes)

So the answer would be nope, he doesn't!

Spiney Norman
13-10-2015, 07:48
There seems to be no precedent for this in AoS that I am aware of, but generally speaking in wfb a model was never considered to be within x" of itself or in base to base with itself for the purpose of area effect abilities unless clearly stated in the rules for that ability.

In terms of the exalted deathbringer the 'bloodied lieutenant' rule suggests to me that it would not work if he was the general because it seems to represent him being the 'right-hand-man' to someone else.

SimaoSegunda
13-10-2015, 10:10
It's very odd that you end up with a situation where you can have an Aspiring Deathbringer and an Exalted Deathbringer in your army, and find yourself being better off with the Aspirant as your general.

Captain Marius
14-10-2015, 19:30
Maybe the Exalted is supervising the Aspiring and showing him how it should be done!

Choombatta
14-10-2015, 21:05
Better yet,you can make a champion of a unit the general, commanding all the Heroes in your army.

Ayin
15-10-2015, 01:14
Maybe the Exalted is supervising the Aspiring and showing him how it should be done!

Model the Exalted with a clipboard and a red marker, instant supervisor.

ChaosGrobi
15-10-2015, 10:24
Better yet,you can make a champion of a unit the general, commanding all the Heroes in your army.

I would suggest the Blood Reaver Champion. That will let those stinking Stormcast Eternals shiver in awe!