PDA

View Full Version : What armies are next for Age of Sigmar?

HelloKitty
13-10-2015, 19:43
We've pretty much had Stormcast and Khorne, and a lot of people are wondering whats next.

I've been reading the novels, and the pattern I"m noticing is that GW is releasing in order of their campaign books. The books and novels have the Stormcast searching for the Duradain as allies, and are on the Silver Road attempting to find them.

There are also some clashes with Tzeentch sorcerer and tzeentch warriors.

My guess is that the next set of models will be Duradain and Tzeentch, which kind of sits in line with the Tzeentch rumors floating around as well.

Choombatta
13-10-2015, 19:46
I was thinking Seraphon, with so many of the current LM models suddenly becoming "No Longer Available" over the last 2 weeks.

Yrch
13-10-2015, 20:03
The end of the Ghal Maraz Campagne book mentions the war for the Allpoints and also that Sigmar is going to face his biggest thread after the Chaos Gods.
I'd say Archon will have a huge comeback as a kind of arch-nemesis in the near future but like Kitty said its very likley that Dwarfs/Fyreslayers are next.
They get mentiond pretty often and seem to play a huge roll as sigmars allies, while Aelf and Slaanesh seem to be something for much later with the mention of Slaanesh being fed up/captured.

HelloKitty
13-10-2015, 20:05
I definitely agree on the archaon thing. Also there is a black library series of short stories concerning Archaon. Man - I'd love to see a new model for him...

Red Skullz
13-10-2015, 20:24
It certainly wouldn't hurt seeing some spiffy new tzeentch miniatures. That would certainly loosen the wallet! For me though I'm very curious on those mercenary dwarfs and what's going on in that shadow realm. I hope something new and twisted emerge.

Deus_Vult
13-10-2015, 21:13
I also think Seraphon are very likely. What with them being featured in the Call of Archaon miniseries and being sold out on the website they are due for at least a small part in the next wave of releases (maybe just reboxes like the pestilens dudes). I would love to see some Tzeentch but why would they go with them next? They just finished the Tzeentch arc with the Ghal Maraz book.

Spiney Norman
13-10-2015, 23:54
I also think Seraphon are very likely. What with them being featured in the Call of Archaon miniseries and being sold out on the website they are due for at least a small part in the next wave of releases (maybe just reboxes like the pestilens dudes). I would love to see some Tzeentch but why would they go with them next? They just finished the Tzeentch arc with the Ghal Maraz book.

You could be right, several of their key plastic troop kits have been retired recently, which could either indicate a repack with round bases and new artwork or a complete remodel of the army.

BDJV
14-10-2015, 00:18
I'd certainly like to see the Duardin/Dwarf re-imagining for AoS.

GrandmasterWang
14-10-2015, 02:58
I'd love an epic new mega Archaon model.

Old model is great but small by today's standards and not awe inspiring.

Dwarfs are my main army, so looking forward to them in AOS.

Lizardmen i like so looking forward to them.

Tzeentch i really hope GW puts some effort into. Probably my favorite Chaos god

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Okuto
14-10-2015, 05:12
If I was a betting man, I'd say we'll see new elves(yes I spelled it the old way deal with it;))

Chaos and "humanity?" is already set, if AoS wants to keep up momentum they're have to release something not human, the people I still see playing AoS are reduced to playing "stormcast heresy" games, I imagine that'd get old quick

Greyshadow
14-10-2015, 05:27
I'd love to see Tzeentch models. I have wanted to start a Tzeentch army ever since my Warhammer Online days. The Tzeentch cultists in that game were crying out for release in miniature form. Be fascinating to see how a classic army translates into the new system. I really liked the last take on the Dwarves, especially the Ironbreakers.

Col. Tartleton
14-10-2015, 05:53
I'm expecting Seraphon followed by Tzeentch.

MOMUS
14-10-2015, 06:39
I would hope lizardmen would be next but it could easily be dwarves or the much anticipated Aelfs. I think a safe option would be daemons.

ToLongDidntRead
14-10-2015, 14:25
Didn't Duffybear hear about new "lizardmen" models earlier in the year.

To which Harry implied they weren't quite lizardmen, but he'd seen them too.

I'd say Seraphon, Tzeentch then Duardin are the next 3 releases. The dwarves have been mentioned far too much to not be included in the near future.

Spiney Norman
14-10-2015, 15:25
Didn't Duffybear hear about new "lizardmen" models earlier in the year.

To which Harry implied they weren't quite lizardmen, but he'd seen them too.

I'd say Seraphon, Tzeentch then Duardin are the next 3 releases. The dwarves have been mentioned far too much to not be included in the near future.

I don't remember that, but you might be right, wasn't it duffybear that rumoured MkXI space marine armour?

If they do give lizardmen the AoS treatment before Christmas I could be in for a very expensive festive period.

Clewz
14-10-2015, 16:01
Prisoner of the black sun has the stormcasts in search of Nagash so the death faction may be a possibility (fingers crossed)

Lissė-Prime
14-10-2015, 16:10
Aelf is missing in action. I hope they come soon.

Gorthor21
14-10-2015, 16:56
i wouldn't be surprised if it was something a little unexpected. id like for it to be duardin, but most likely it will be undead as they have a lot of new minis from the end times releases. it would be nice to see what thet do with seraphon but my money is on nagash. it seems the story is following a trend of an effort to unite the old pantheon.

Vos
14-10-2015, 17:25
My money is also on Dwarfs and Tzeentch.
But I would love to see some new Elf figures! :)

Vos

Astraeos
14-10-2015, 18:08
I'd like to see Tzeentch get some attention and a force of it's own like Nurgle gets the Rotbringers and Khorne has his Bloodbound.

If Duardin do come next then I really hope those nice Hammer/Longbeard and Ironbreaker/Irondrake kits stay.

GrandmasterWang
14-10-2015, 19:04
I'd like to see Tzeentch get some attention and a force of it's own like Nurgle gets the Rotbringers and Khorne has his Bloodbound.

If Duardin do come next then I really hope those nice Hammer/Longbeard and Ironbreaker/Irondrake kits stay.

The Hammerer and Ironbreaker kits are going nowhere!

They are new plastic kits that GW still wants to make profit off.

Even seeing them pushed (the 2 new dwarf plastic kits) in White Dwarf Weekly as 'Duardin' kits seems to confirm they aren't going anywhere.

I 100% agree on Tzeentch... it's probably the model release i would like to see most.....promptly followed by a fan made 8th edition 'Warhammer Armies: Tzeentch magicbound' armylist or something.

More kits like the mutalith would be great.

My (hopefully attached) Tzeentch Lord "Moonface" is eagerly awaiting such a release!

CrystalSphere
14-10-2015, 19:50
Next army is Warpcast Eternals - the other factions don“t get armies, they“re just some grunts the sigmarines levy to clean their stormboots.

Yrch
15-10-2015, 01:43
i wonder if at some point we get some sort of corrupted or Chaos Stormcast Eternals.
The lore states that Stormcasts loose some of their memory and personality with every reforge and even sigmar doesn't know the effect of reforging over and over again.

There is potential to make rogue Stormcasts, heroes that go ******* due to reforging or having Stormcasts go the mindless killing machine route because they lost all ability to feel.
Could be some interesting stuff for novels.

HelloKitty
15-10-2015, 02:14
Well if they are basically space marines reimagined for fantasy - absolutely. It would be the horus heresy only with stormcast eternals.

Spiney Norman
15-10-2015, 07:13
Well if they are basically space marines reimagined for fantasy - absolutely. It would be the horus heresy only with stormcast eternals.

Hmmm, I'm not sure even 'chaos stormcast' would sell me on the unit concept for them, I admit that the idea of a "Vandus Heresy" would be quite appealing, I'm just not sure it would happen though, 'chaos stormcast' seem a bit redundant when AoS already has chaos/blood warriors who are effectively just that.

Deus_Vult
15-10-2015, 08:31
Hmmm, I'm not sure even 'chaos stormcast' would sell me on the unit concept for them, I admit that the idea of a "Vandus Heresy" would be quite appealing, I'm just not sure it would happen though, 'chaos stormcast' seem a bit redundant when AoS already has chaos/blood warriors who are effectively just that.

What about a farsight enclave type situation where some stormcast feel abandoned by Sigmar, grow attached to some local population and opt to stay there and defend them?

Will be awkward when they die and have to go back to azyrheim and explain themselves though.

meet.the.doctor
15-10-2015, 11:23
i wonder if at some point we get some sort of corrupted or Chaos Stormcast Eternals.
The lore states that Stormcasts loose some of their memory and personality with every reforge and even sigmar doesn't know the effect of reforging over and over again.

There is potential to make rogue Stormcasts, heroes that go ******* due to reforging or having Stormcasts go the mindless killing machine route because they lost all ability to feel.
Could be some interesting stuff for novels.

I was thinking of making some Heresy Eternals fluff - guys geting angry because of the eternal reforging and turn to old school Malal - the actual 5th ChaosGod. Fighting to destroy all the Mortal Realms and get things back to the 80s;)
Lord Relictor would be the reincarnate of Kaleb Draak ofcourse;)
I still havn't chosen the color scheme for my Stormcasts so maybe black and white will suit them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATAC2
15-10-2015, 12:39
The Seraphon are nailed on for rerelease as 9 of the kits are flagged as sold out. When GW remove stuff they just delete it from the website and pretend it never existed. "Sold out" is the relaunch signal. However, the question is whether the existing kits are just being rebadged and having bases changed like the Nurgle, Sylvaneth and Skaven or whether there will be genuinely new releases. I have a sneaking suspicion that the "new" (ie old) lizardmen will be released before christmas and we won't actually see new stuff before new year. GW tend to go quiet in the christmas run up so a new range before christmas seems too tight for time. As to what that range will be, I have no idea.

Yrch
15-10-2015, 14:41
i think that Seraphon will be handeld like skaven and treeman with a repack and a small story part in the next big book.
looking at the release sched. that we know so far there is no AoS stuff until mid Nov. maybe even dec. and i dont really think we will see a new campagne book until 2016.
i gotta say if they keep it the same way they did now, with 2 major factions getting battletomes/models and other "minor" fection getting an overhaul (maybe for a biger release later) im more than happy.

Immortus
15-10-2015, 15:23
Prisoner of the black sun has the stormcasts in search of Nagash so the death faction may be a possibility (fingers crossed)
I was really disappointed by that audio book. Really disappointed. i don't know how to hide spoilers so i wont post any but... really!?

also on the subject of Stormcast gone meanies, Nagash helped set up the reforging thing right? wonder when he plans on betraying that plan. Giving them reconstituted - sorry reforged- bone bodies. That is all he boils down to now, brooding, bad decision, betrayal, resurrect, brood, betrayal, bad decision

ToLongDidntRead
15-10-2015, 15:44
I don't remember that, but you might be right, wasn't it duffybear that rumoured MkXI space marine armour?

If they do give lizardmen the AoS treatment before Christmas I could be in for a very expensive festive period.

He was, but technically there is a new armour mark of sorts coming out... He was also bang on with everything he said about the Harlequin release, and "special effects" being released in plastic kits.

(See: Space Marine Devestator kit)

I'll see if I can find the posts for you. I'be also seem some people on this forum claim Harry said Skaven was next, but I don't know how true that is.

Astraeos
15-10-2015, 20:16
The Hammerer and Ironbreaker kits are going nowhere!

They are new plastic kits that GW still wants to make profit off.

Even seeing them pushed (the 2 new dwarf plastic kits) in White Dwarf Weekly as 'Duardin' kits seems to confirm they aren't going anywhere.

I 100% agree on Tzeentch... it's probably the model release i would like to see most.....promptly followed by a fan made 8th edition 'Warhammer Armies: Tzeentch magicbound' armylist or something.

More kits like the mutalith would be great.

My (hopefully attached) Tzeentch Lord "Moonface" is eagerly awaiting such a release!

That's a nice callback to a classic Tzeentch champion, also he resembles one of the villains from Buso Renkin!

DocDropPod
15-10-2015, 22:14
I'm looking forward to seeing the Sylvaneth force fleshed out more
New treekin kits
New units
Just something more than dryads and tree men

furrie
16-10-2015, 13:28
I'm looking forward to seeing the Sylvaneth force fleshed out more
New treekin kits
New units
Just something more than dryads and tree men

so something like treehounds?

UndeadKing
16-10-2015, 15:06
Tzeentch, even just one or two kits. Undead I see repacks and not much else. Dwarfs I am hopeful for as I'd get a small force together depending on if they are similar to the most recent dwarf kits

Drakkar du Chaos
16-10-2015, 22:21
3 months ago AoS was launched. So we got the StormShit and uninspired new Khorne's miniatures. In 3 months. And now its 40K again. And more 40K in the future. Space Marine Codex for Christmas also because why the **** not.
Maybe AoS range will be fully out for 2017.

Back on topic the next will be a Dwarfs on Meca-Plasma-Spiders with a big copyright on it. Just forget everything you know about fantasy, warhammer or Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Chaos is the only thing GW cannot erase, the rest is expendable and not selling.

lbecks
17-10-2015, 05:18
I'm guessing Tzeentch that they probably made a few years ago.

Lordmonkey
17-10-2015, 11:56
Apart from Aelfs, who basically lost their old world identity as High/Dark/Wood, most other races can just be repacks. Call me skeptical/boring/jaded/miserable/tired/all-of-the-above, but all GW did with nurgle and sylvaneth is take existing models, repack them with round bases and frame them with a new faction identity.

Besides, I think the main thing that everyone is waiting on is confirmation that their army still exists in some form or other before they feel more committed to AoS. If I were Kirby, I would release new/rebooted factions like Aelfs or those red mercenaries (whatever they are) and just repack the existing races like Duardin, greenskins, etc... as a token effort. Then, update them in a year or two to keep the money coming in. Meanwhile, concentrate on upsales in the form of the expensive add-on kits for the stormcast cash-cow.

SuperHappyTime
20-10-2015, 15:12
so something like treehounds?

Tree Wisemen

3 months ago AoS was launched. So we got the StormShit and uninspired new Khorne's miniatures. In 3 months. And now its 40K again. And more 40K in the future. Space Marine Codex for Christmas also because why the **** not.
Maybe AoS range will be fully out for 2017.

Back on topic the next will be a Dwarfs on Meca-Plasma-Spiders with a big copyright on it. Just forget everything you know about fantasy, warhammer or Warhammer Fantasy Battle. Chaos is the only thing GW cannot erase, the rest is expendable and not selling.

Calm down. We can let 40K have its turn too.

And by now Chaos should really be four factions instead of one.

CountUlrich
20-10-2015, 20:22
Besides, I think the main thing that everyone is waiting on is confirmation that their army still exists in some form or other before they feel more committed to AoS.

You are silly if you believe this. Most who left are never, ever returning to WhFB/AoS. The difference between nownand the switch to ith is massive:

1. The switch to 8th didn't utterly destory 30+years of fluff and attachment to the setting.
2. The switch to 8th didn't fundamentally change the form of the game. It was still massed, ranks n flanks fantasy.
3. Most importantly, there was no legitimate competitors really on the market then. Now there are, and they are receiving massive support from the community.

No one is coming back. Not many at least. Any hopes of AoS success is completely tied to finding a new fan base, those they chased off will not be coming back in any significant numbers.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

jet_palero
20-10-2015, 23:25
Apart from Aelfs, who basically lost their old world identity as High/Dark/Wood, most other races can just be repacks. Call me skeptical/boring/jaded/miserable/tired/all-of-the-above, but all GW did with nurgle and sylvaneth is take existing models, repack them with round bases and frame them with a new faction identity.

Besides, I think the main thing that everyone is waiting on is confirmation that their army still exists in some form or other before they feel more committed to AoS. If I were Kirby, I would release new/rebooted factions like Aelfs or those red mercenaries (whatever they are) and just repack the existing races like Duardin, greenskins, etc... as a token effort. Then, update them in a year or two to keep the money coming in. Meanwhile, concentrate on upsales in the form of the expensive add-on kits for the stormcast cash-cow.

I don't know about everyone, but I have no interest in AoS, and I never will. its a poorly designed game with no balance mechanism and limited tactical and strategic depth. Whether or not GW pulls some magic reason for all my dwarves and orcs not being dead when their entire world was annihilated is irrelevant to me. Additionally GW's current crop of modelers make everything too big, too fiddly, and too gawdy.

Buddy Bear
20-10-2015, 23:39
Dwarfs are a more generic fantasy trope, though. Given that they've been renamed to "Steamhead Duardin", my guess is we won't see any repacks of them, and will instead see an entirely new aesthetic.

Col. Tartleton
21-10-2015, 01:51
The Gyrocopters-Gyrobombers, Longbeard-Hammerers, and Irondrakes-Ironbreakers, and clampack plastic characters are in the new aesthetic.

Grimm Burloksson (Engineer Kit). Dragon Slayer. Belegar Ironhammer (Dwarf Lord Kit). Runelord.

Boom. Four generic characters. Three Box sets. Everything else will be replaced. Not a rumor, just an assessment. It might not be all at once, but there's clearly a current 8th edition aesthetic that's moving forward with older stuff being increasingly old and crap.

Spiney Norman
21-10-2015, 07:57
Dwarfs are a more generic fantasy trope, though. Given that they've been renamed to "Steamhead Duardin", my guess is we won't see any repacks of them, and will instead see an entirely new aesthetic.

In fairness you can say that about almost every army in AoS, they almost all got renamed and almost everything was a generic fantasy trope. I expect they'll keep at least some of the more recent dwarf stuff, I imagine the long beards/hammerers, gyro bomber and iron breakers kits will make the transitions, most likely the character kits as well.

Based on the clues from the back of WD and cent out of stock banners on the GW website I'm pretty sure we'll be having lizardmen transitioning to Seraphon as AoS' next army.

75hastings69
21-10-2015, 12:15
The problem is if the kits (i.e. the look of the models) remain the same then renaming is pointless if they want to protect their IP. Dwarves, Elves, Orcs etc all have generic fantasy looks, so GW might own the rights to their ridiculous new names, but for what point? any company that wants can still churn out Dwarf/Elf/Orc models without infringing on GWs IP, in fact without a purely GW IP protected look (as well as name) they've actually made it easier for other compainies to make Dwarfs/Elves/Orcs as they'll just say, no we are just producing generic Dwarfs etc. GW don't even make them, they make Duardin Steamheads etc. Without a unique and IP protectable LOOK all they have done is renamed something, like me calling a badger a rulomorux or something stupid then complaining when people produce models of badgers.

NONE of the races in GWs work are original creations (well except maybe disputably sigmarines - but who'd want to copy them anyway??) so to TRULY protect their precious IP they'd need a protectable image, something not ripped off/borrowed from elsewhere or based in generic fantasy imagery.

However I fully excpect GW to take the laziest route that will minimise cost - i.e. simple repack/rename exercise.

Just my opinion.

Vladyhell
21-10-2015, 12:30
I personally don't buy into the IP protected look theory and think all the renames are purely for searching.You search for dwarf or elf miniatures on the net and you get a multitude of different offerings,I think GW simply wants to make their stuff the only stuff you'll find if you go looking for it.

75hastings69
21-10-2015, 12:38
Thats a fair point, but then tell me just who is going to be searching for "Duardin Steamhead" without already knowing exactly what it is???

Chances are someone could watch generic fantasy film and search dwarf miniature, and a GW hit might come up and might generate sales, I'm not sure what would make anyone search for Duardin Steamhead???? so they are potentially cutting down their exposure to anyone not already in the GW hobby, as now anyone searching dwarf is NOT going to generate a GW hit, because GW only make GW branded Duardin Steamheads, so that surely equals LESS potential sales for GW, whilst at the same time MORE sales potential for companies still producing generic dwarves because GW are no longer appearing in the results, or am I just stupid?. Again just my opinion.

Niall78
21-10-2015, 13:54
Thats a fair point, but then tell me just who is going to be searching for "Duardin Steamhead" without already knowing exactly what it is???

Chances are someone could watch generic fantasy film and search dwarf miniature, and a GW hit might come up and might generate sales, I'm not sure what would make anyone search for Duardin Steamhead???? so they are potentially cutting down their exposure to anyone not already in the GW hobby, as now anyone searching dwarf is NOT going to generate a GW hit, because GW only make GW branded Duardin Steamheads, so that surely equals LESS potential sales for GW, whilst at the same time MORE sales potential for companies still producing generic dwarves because GW are no longer appearing in the results, or am I just stupid?. Again just my opinion.

Competitors will make sure these unique GW names generate hits for their generic fantasy lines website in any case. So a search for "Duardin Steamhead miniatures" will be a keyword in generating hits to their page. How good they manage that is up to their IT team but it is entirely legal and standard practice in any industry.

Katastrophe
21-10-2015, 14:00
I personally don't buy into the IP protected look theor y and think all the renames are purely for searching.You search for dwarf or elf miniatures on the net and you get a multitude of different offerings,I think GW simply wants to make their stuff the only stuff you'll find if you go looking for it.

This presupposes the searches knowledge of GW as a product (due to the knowledge of the very specific naming conventions. Which further means the person would be aware of GW's website, thus negating any need for general search.

Buddy Bear
21-10-2015, 14:02
GW is most definitely interesting in creating stronger IP's as a result of Chapterhouse. It's not an amazing coincidence that all those things which have had generic names are suddenly getting names which they can own.

Spiney Norman
21-10-2015, 14:26
GW is most definitely interesting in creating stronger IP's as a result of Chapterhouse. It's not an amazing coincidence that all those things which have had generic names are suddenly getting names which they can own.

I think this is it, creating IP protectable names seems to be so they can prevent parasite companies like chapter house selling products like
"Weapons conversion pack for steamhead duardin" or other such cheap rip-offs.

Katastrophe
21-10-2015, 15:02
I think this is it, creating IP protectable names seems to be so they can prevent parasite companies like chapter house selling products like
"Weapons conversion pack for steamhead duardin" or other such cheap rip-offs.
Except that unfortunately for GW they will not get the result they are looking for. Neither changing names nor creating some aesthetic changes will prevent "parasite" companies from making similar products if they will sell. The only thing that will discourage copy cats is for the product to be bad and not sell, making it a bad investment.

I GOT IT, AoS is intended to fail so that it won't get copied. It all makes sense now.

Vos
21-10-2015, 19:02
Lizardmen in powered armour, that's the answer..... :)

Vos

beastsofnurgle
21-10-2015, 19:11
Stormcastedmen? Anyone see Tim Prow's Lizardmen sculpts on Realm of Chaos 80s? Love them, hope the new Lizardmen are something like them

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-W3ZAK_eW6Jk/ViO3JzglmzI/AAAAAAAAJTw/tMF94J3d4IM/s280/12022338_10206877050597351_6980277399585774248_o.j pg

Voss
22-10-2015, 00:12
Necrons!
"Help from Azyr - Death from the stars"

Philhelm
26-10-2015, 03:44
I personally don't buy into the IP protected look theory and think all the renames are purely for searching.You search for dwarf or elf miniatures on the net and you get a multitude of different offerings,I think GW simply wants to make their stuff the only stuff you'll find if you go looking for it.

That doesn't seem to make sense, since the best case scenario would be for only GW products to be shown when conducting searches of generic things such as dwarves, orcs, elves, etc. If someone is searching for Steamhead Duardin, chances are that the person already knows what he's looking for. This wouldn't help so much for new players who don't know the GW specific racial/faction names.

lbecks
26-10-2015, 16:02
So what are the new model factions supposed to be like in Age of Sigmar?

It seems like Chaos, Skaven, Orcs will continue with models that could have been in WFB. Ogres rolled in with Orcs.
New single combined elf faction? Shadow Elves under Malerion? Slaanelves?
2 Dwarf factions. Fire Dwarves and I guess continuation of regular Dwarves.
Space Lizardmen?
No Vamps or Tomb Kings. New Models that look like Undead End Times models?
Non-Sigmarine humans?

Ben
26-10-2015, 16:05
GW also said this right at the start in their sales pitch to the indy stores, that existing players would hate it. They then said there'd be swarms of new players buying it.

They were half right.

ik0ner
29-10-2015, 09:54
One thing I've been thinking about that could at least sway me a bit more to the positive side of AoS is if they released a new "normal" human faction. Something that is not Empire and not Bretonnia. I'm thinking maybe somewhere in between those factions, since their historicity doesn't really work in the new setting. A human faction that has desperately survived the age of chaos, downtrodden and bowed but not broken, less technologically developed than Empire and less romanticized than Bretonnia. A relatively "dark" human faction (not evil, just you know...dark) that maybe sees the stormcast as analogous to angels, that they both fear and revere. A superstitious society. And individuals that betray their own and sell out to chaos, hidden cults in mountain caves etc. Idk just something as a contrast to all the shiny high fantasy stuff, oh well.

Drakkar du Chaos
29-10-2015, 10:54
GW also said this right at the start in their sales pitch to the indy stores, that existing players would hate it. They then said there'd be swarms of new players buying it.

They were half right.

I really hope it's the case, GW need a huge slap in the face to realize their politics and way of management don't work.
They live on 40K success in the same way Activision handled Guitar Hero, put everything else in the trashcan and then release AoS "the best thing we ever done"... the actual GW need to change and fast.

Spiney Norman
30-10-2015, 14:16
One thing I've been thinking about that could at least sway me a bit more to the positive side of AoS is if they released a new "normal" human faction. Something that is not Empire and not Bretonnia. I'm thinking maybe somewhere in between those factions, since their historicity doesn't really work in the new setting. A human faction that has desperately survived the age of chaos, downtrodden and bowed but not broken, less technologically developed than Empire and less romanticized than Bretonnia. A relatively "dark" human faction (not evil, just you know...dark) that maybe sees the stormcast as analogous to angels, that they both fear and revere. A superstitious society. And individuals that betray their own and sell out to chaos, hidden cults in mountain caves etc. Idk just something as a contrast to all the shiny high fantasy stuff, oh well.

That would be pretty awesome I agree, I'm kind of hoping they do bring some ordinary humans into the story at some stage, I'm not sure they would necessarily work as a playable army because the kind of faction you've described don't really sound like an organised military force. I guess we just need to wait and see how the game develops as time goes on.