PDA

View Full Version : Can I legally print off some of the Warscrolls Compendium?

Getifa Ubazza
17-10-2015, 09:14
I have a Slaanesh Daemon army that I'm going to use against my Bloodbound, instead of the Sigmarites, but I would like to print out the pages I need, so I can put them in the box with my army.

The problem is that I don't have a printer, so need to go to the library to do it and they won't let you print stuff unless it's legal.

So, as the title says; Can I print some of the Warscrolls Compendium pages out legally?

Thanks

Vos
17-10-2015, 09:44
As far as I am aware all the AoS scrolls are 'open' material that GW is happy for you to use as long as its for your own personal use and not for profit etc.

Vos

Getifa Ubazza
17-10-2015, 10:16
As far as I am aware all the AoS scrolls are 'open' material that GW is happy for you to use as long as its for your own personal use and not for profit etc.

Vos

That's what I thought too, but it usually says that somewhere in the thing you want to print off. You know a little note that says pretty much exactly what you wrote.

Bloodknight
17-10-2015, 11:40
I'd say yes because usually GW's publications will tell you on the first page what you can't do with them. (The usual no printing, no distributing, so scanning disclaimer). Also, they want you to play the game and the rules are free to download. I think printing them out and playing games with them is the whole idea behind the free warscrolls.

Okuto
17-10-2015, 13:46
GW isn't going to send the spanish inquisition to your house if you printed it off....

Holier Than Thou
17-10-2015, 15:28
GW isn't going to send the spanish inquisition to your house if you printed it off....

He's asking if he could print it at a library that doesn't allow illegal printing. I would say you should be ok as it is free to access.

SuperHappyTime
20-10-2015, 14:57
He's asking if he could print it at a library that doesn't allow illegal printing. I would say you should be ok as it is free to access.

I believe the line gets drawn not because you made a copy, but when you try to sell the copy for money.

theunwantedbeing
20-10-2015, 15:38
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Terms-of-Website-Use
Under the Downloadable Material bit.

Yes you can, however you're not legally allowed to give that copy to anyone who doesn't also own the digital version.

Holier Than Thou
20-10-2015, 15:41
I believe the line gets drawn not because you made a copy, but when you try to sell the copy for money.

Agreed, as long as nobody tries to sell/exchange it should be fine.

Cheeslord
22-10-2015, 13:37
However, the Library staff don't know what you will do with it once you take it out of the library. All they will see is something that looks like copyright material and they may ask to see evidence that it is freely copyable. On the other hand they may just put up the notice to cover themselves legally and not pay too much attention to what gets actually done there. The worst they will do is stop you copying it, possibly wasting a small amount of money you may have paid for the photocopier credit... worth trying in my opinion. Don't you know anyone with a printer? they are pretty common these days...

Mark.

SuperHappyTime
23-10-2015, 19:25
However, the Library staff don't know what you will do with it once you take it out of the library. All they will see is something that looks like copyright material and they may ask to see evidence that it is freely copyable. On the other hand they may just put up the notice to cover themselves legally and not pay too much attention to what gets actually done there. The worst they will do is stop you copying it, possibly wasting a small amount of money you may have paid for the photocopier credit... worth trying in my opinion. Don't you know anyone with a printer? they are pretty common these days...

Mark.

Or just go to a Kinkos (or whatever may be your regional version).