PDA

View Full Version : LoS in AoS

Kurisu313
18-10-2015, 21:49
Can I just confirm that in Age of Sigmar that Line of Sight is not a thing? That if I have an archer and an enemy behind a huge, sight-blocking structure, I can shoot if I'm in range?

There's no reference to this in the four page ruleset, but the dreadquake mortar has a rule letting it fire out of sight, so I'm wondering if that's just Forge World getting it wrong.

Vladyhell
18-10-2015, 22:26
Page 4 of the Rules 'Picking Targets'

It's covered there.

Spiney Norman
19-10-2015, 10:01
AoS operates true LoS like 40k, if you can see it you can shoot at it, any units that do not require LoS to shoot (such as the chaos hell cannon) are specifically noted on their warscroll.

ChaosGrobi
19-10-2015, 10:22
What about an ability that is used in the shooting phase (like storm breath /Lord celestant on dracoth)? Does he need a LoS?

Spiney Norman
19-10-2015, 13:24
What about an ability that is used in the shooting phase (like storm breath /Lord celestant on dracoth)? Does he need a LoS?

If it's a ranged attack used in the shooting phase it must conform to the rules for picking targets on p.4 of the AoS rules (must be within the maximum range of the weapon and visible to the model making the attack) unless something on the model's warscroll specifically gives it an exception to those rules.

Storm breath seems to be a little bit unique because it's a special ability rather than having a proper ranged weapon profile, but the ability describes it as 'making a storm breath attack' and the rules for 'Picking Targets' on p.4 seem to refer to ALL attacks whether made in the combat or shooting phases so I would say that storm breath has to abide by those rules as well. However note that storm breath targets a 'point on the battlefield' not a specific model.

Yrch
19-10-2015, 22:12
yeah its stated on the warscroll if you need LoS or not.
Storm breath or the hammer throw of the celestant are attacks, they just dont have weapon profiles because they dont have hit/wound stats.

other things like the lord-relictors lightning or lord vexillors comet strike simply state "pick a point" so no LoS needed.