PDA

View Full Version : Black Library Site Redesign

Darke
28-10-2015, 17:48
Well, they somehow managed to make the site ever more difficult to use. The sorting options don't work, and they managed to wipe out the "Wishlist" option entirely from users' accounts.

Very dumb, and it looks even more corporate and generic.

DarkChaplain
28-10-2015, 22:07
It is terrible. More clicks to access anything, no combined new releases page, frontloading all the rulebooks that rarely get new releases anyway.... Even the Navigate Our Ranges pages are gone.

The whole site is fully designed for mobile devices. It lacks any sense for desktop usage. Heck, there's not a single dropdown menu in the site's navigation!

Nineswords
29-10-2015, 07:49
Yeah it's pretty awful and that masthead is, ugh.

nagash66
29-10-2015, 23:58
Another vote for bad bad move on BL part. Makes me want to see IF they have any new books out even less then the usual fear of more short stories and limited editions does.

Freak Ona Leash
30-10-2015, 18:20
I've come to the conclusion that Black Library must really, really hate making money. Only explanation possible for it.

TheGreatestGood
31-10-2015, 11:25
Just visited the new site and yes it seems worse. The most surprising thing for me was how dull it looked with a logo that in no way grabs your attention.
There seemed to be no way to search for hardback books either, which bugged me and you have to click on a book to see in what formats it's available.

Tymell
31-10-2015, 13:21
Yeah, it's yet another example of a company focusing so much on catering for mobile devices that they mess it up for desktop users (and it probably isn't that much better for mobile devices either :p )

Though BL are far from alone in that. I think I can count on one hand the number of site updates that have actually improved things for me :p

DarkChaplain
31-10-2015, 20:00
Since I am usually the one adding new releases to the Goodreads database.... My god, I absolutely can't understand how stupid GW's webdesigners and webstoremonkeys are.

The new product pages lack author information - its not there. The new Age of Sigmar audio drama? Who wrote the thing? Phil Kelly's Farsight novella? Nobody is his name stated. Dan Abnett's Gaunt's Ghosts re-release? Thank god the name is on the book's cover, because its not on the website.
I can't even add their books to Goodreads now because GR requires an author - which is, at this point, unknown, thanks to BL's idiocy.

Not just that, but NOTHING has ISBN numbers now. Know how silly that makes looking their products up?

Darke
02-11-2015, 00:04
Well, more confirmation that Black Library wants to move away from listing the authors on books. I wonder when they will take the full plunge and just not disclose what authors wrote what books? They already do that for the codexes and battletomes...

Tichey
02-11-2015, 00:16
Just when I thought it was difficult enough to find out if a new book was out or not, this site gets released. Bad move BL.

shadowhawk2008
02-11-2015, 11:26
Well, more confirmation that Black Library wants to move away from listing the authors on books. I wonder when they will take the full plunge and just not disclose what authors wrote what books? They already do that for the codexes and battletomes...

Or they unnecessarily change the name of authors to hide their gender.