PDA

View Full Version : 1k Sons Color Scheme Red-White or Red-Gold?

Lamont Cranston
29-10-2015, 16:41
So I have seen pre-heresy 1k Sons with both Red-Gold and Red-White armor. Did the armor color scheme change at some point during the crusade, different colors per “Company” (or whatever that was called during pre-heresy) or was it just depending on the time the artwork was done? Is one more recognized at the correct one?

Firidan
30-10-2015, 15:52
I think it depends on the company/squad or maybe the cult(pyrae, raptora, athanaenan, etc).

Khorneguy
06-11-2015, 19:34
It depends on the depiction of them atm. The original Index Astartes article had them as white/bone, as did the cover of A Thousand Sons. FW has them as Gold on what little we've seen of them.

iirc, Forge World have said they'll address the confusions when they finally get round to the Prospero book.

As a Thousand Sons collector myself, it annoys me immensely that it's not clear. Until FW correct me, I'm going for gold trim and white/bone pads, mimicking the Blood Ravens

Kieras
06-11-2015, 21:53
I have experienced the same duality as far as it goes for all legions being depicted by forge world. The weirdest is alpha legion being depicted in all different colours ranging from bronze to silver sometimes having bluish element in their armour. I kinda goes with their stealthy archetype but not entirelly.

DuskRaider
08-11-2015, 01:04
You know... you COULD just use all three colors and do variations between rank or just random. Keep the base color red, but switch between white and gold (and even silver or whatnor) for trim, pauldrons, knee guards, etc. Give the army some variation and character... Also, take a look how FW has done the other Legions thus far. Even in a single Company, Battalion, or Squad there's variations.

Killgore
08-11-2015, 09:29
As others are mentioned each Legion is a huge organisation, even the smaller ones like 1K sons have many cults, companies etc

It would be boring if they were all the same colour :P

Leftenant Gashrog
13-11-2015, 11:35
You know... you COULD just use all three colors and do variations between rank or just random. Keep the base color red, but switch between white and gold (and even silver or whatnor) for trim, pauldrons, knee guards, etc.

Neil Hodgson did a few pics like that for the CCG, I've always thought it looked awesome.

http://www.pa-sy.com/hhccg/images/jafari.jpg

http://www.pa-sy.com/hhccg/images/brotheramsu.jpg