PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is in one of these "faction cards" boxes?

Talon of Anathrax
30-10-2015, 08:04
What exactly is in one of these boxes? Do I get all the maelstrom objectives in them, or are some replaced with the Dark Angel faction-specific ones?
I'm wondering if I can get one of these and then use the cards with my Nurgle army.

Dkoz
30-10-2015, 08:19
They are normally faction specific.

MajorWesJanson
30-10-2015, 08:22
Objectives 21-66 are identical across armies. 11 through 16 are faction specific, though you could make them generic easily enough, as they replace a set of "control objective #" objectives from the generic set.

Talon of Anathrax
30-10-2015, 11:20
Yeah, but making them non-faction specific would mean buying another set of cards (or mixing them with my ugly handmade ones) - and then you would regognise them by looking at the back of the cards. I suppose I'll just get a set of the normal ones... :(
Follow-up question: In a 2 player maelstrom game, are two sets of cards necessary? Assuming no-one wants to just be rolling off the rulebook.

Marshal
30-10-2015, 14:32
They also typically come with a set of larger cards for which is specific for each army. Most of them are their specific psychic powers (Eldar, Harlequins...), some of them, like Dark Eldar ones come with something more unique to the army (Dark Eldar came with a set of cards for their combat drugs, Khorne Daemonkin came with a set of cards for their Blood Tith rewards), some come with generic things (Grey Knights came with a set of cards for Sanctic Daemonology psychic powers) and some come with completely useless things (Space Marines and Tau came with warlord trait cards... yay....) but they all come with a set of at least 7 cards with 1 of the 7 explaining how to use the cards.

Angelwing
30-10-2015, 16:13
Follow-up question: In a 2 player maelstrom game, are two sets of cards necessary? Assuming no-one wants to just be rolling off the rulebook.

Yes, you do need a set of cards each.
If both players agree it is possible to share a set and recycle the cards if required, but i don't think it works as well as a set each.