PDA

View Full Version : Alternative models to striking scorpions?

Draconis
02-11-2015, 16:03
As the headline states. I'm looking at starting an eldar army for the first time, but didn't know if there were alternative models that would be a potential replacement anywhere? I'm not looking to take it to a tournie, and it's all friendly fun over here, but they'd have to at least represent what they are. Anyone have any ideas?

murgel2006
02-11-2015, 21:09
There used to be a model for a female exarch but as far as I know that is it.
If you are not to picky you can basically use any "elf" with a blade and handgun... (counts as)

However ebay is your friend, as always.

Draconis
02-11-2015, 21:25
Well, even with ebay, you have to know what you're looking for. I've checked all the common sites that I know of: Puppetswar, privateerpress, raging heroes, etc.

Zywus
02-11-2015, 21:45
I believe Chapterhouse produced some unit that people considered using for scorpions.

I would be a bit leery ordering from them at this moment though since no one has head from them in months.
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/0/662463.page

Zaonite
03-11-2015, 07:55
It depends what you're after. The old scorpion sculpts are great, they can be had on ebay rather easily, the current sculpt looks bulkier. CHS did do some models but I'd hold off on ordering from them atm.

Draconis
03-11-2015, 11:54
CHS has like 3 eldar models and 2 are on jetbikes unless I'm missing something. I'm just not a fan of finecast and it seems that's what most of GW's products are in the eldar line

Dr.Clock
03-11-2015, 15:21
Yeah... if it's a question of not liking the material, you should just spend some time to ebay metal ones. I am the proud owner of more than 20 metal scorpions, and they are delightful. Just avoid the 3rd. ed. sculpts like the plague... SO TERRIBLE. The originals, and the most recent sculpts are pretty great IMO.

Depending on your preferences, you might consider using something like old Incubi. You'd need to figure out proper weapons, but you can find them for very cheap quite easily in my experience.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.