PDA

View Full Version : New Major Sharholder [CLOSED]

mightymconeshot
03-11-2015, 14:27
Went to go check something out this morning on the investor page. Apparently the Ruffers LLP purchased 10% of the shares of GW over the weekend. From there they sold some amount and have a total of 9%. This is 1.3% more than Kirby and his wife combined who holds ~6.7 percent. The current CEO, Roundtree, holds .01% as of mid to late September.

Could this be signs of a possible management change?

http://investor.games-workshop.com/2015/11/02/holdings-in-company-46/

williamsond
03-11-2015, 14:33
interesting developement what ever the out come.

Zywus
03-11-2015, 16:15
Can we hope for a hostile takover?!

Buddy Bear
03-11-2015, 16:31
Could this be the beginning of a happy dream? What I want to know is, who are Ruffers LLP?

toonboy78
03-11-2015, 16:32
Went to go check something out this morning on the investor page. Apparently the Ruffers LLP purchased 10% of the shares of GW over the weekend. From there they sold some amount and have a total of 9%. This is 1.3% more than Kirby and his wife combined who holds ~6.7 percent. The current CEO, Roundtree, holds .01% as of mid to late September.

Could this be signs of a possible management change?

http://investor.games-workshop.com/2015/11/02/holdings-in-company-46/

i'm not sure this is correct.

the document states they already owned 10% and have discarded some shares and now own 9%.

you need to notify the city if the ownership of shares crosses a 10% threshold

their current ownership has changed from 10 to 9%

A.T.
03-11-2015, 16:51
I found an article mentioning Ruffers had an 8% holding a couple of years back - looks like just another investment group.

Kieras
03-11-2015, 19:06
Sad but true.I don't think that any major player will invest more in this company - right now anyway.If I had money and sanity to go reviving Warhammer I would rather do it after GW falls apart and I can safely and cheaply take over their old interesting IP.

mightymconeshot
03-11-2015, 21:23
i'm not sure this is correct.

the document states they already owned 10% and have discarded some shares and now own 9%.

you need to notify the city if the ownership of shares crosses a 10% threshold

their current ownership has changed from 10 to 9%

Yes I believe I said that in my first post.

And yeah if they are already an investment group for GW maybe they are looking for some more dividends.

Voss
03-11-2015, 23:54
Yes I believe I said that in my first post.

No, you said they purchased 10% of the shares:
Apparently the Ruffers LLP purchased 10% of the shares of GW over the weekend. That isn't what happened at all. They only sold shares, so instead of the 10% they already had, they now have 9%.

They sold 63,000 shares (~1%). So there isn't a new major shareholder, an existing major shareholder now holds less.

It isn't really significant, except that as crossing the 10% threshold, it had to be reported. It would be interesting to know who bought the shares.

Could this be the beginning of a happy dream? What I want to know is, who are Ruffers LLP?
An investment group founded by a lawyer turned stockbrocker. If the Wiki page is to be believed, he claims that no one needs more than 20 million (pounds), but has a estimated personal wealth of 380 million.
So a pretty typical investment group, the kind that are likely just in it for the investment returns- according to their linkedin page, they like fairly steady investments, nothing too risky or 'explosive'. https://www.linkedin.com/company/ruffer-llp

That actually strikes me as a somewhat negative sign for GW, if a company that wants casual growth and returns is ridding themselves of a tenth of their investment.

Buddy Bear
04-11-2015, 03:13
I dreamed a dream... and now it's dead. :(

ebbwar
04-11-2015, 09:51
So in other news, there is no news.

jtrowell
05-11-2015, 08:57
One of the major shareholder dumped 10% of its GW shares, I think that it was notable. Not as big a new as a new major SH would have been, but still something interesting to know, especially if it become the start of a trend among GW's shareholder, we will see.

ebbwar
05-11-2015, 12:27
One of the major shareholder dumped 10% of its GW shares, I think that it was notable. Not as big a new as a new major SH would have been, but still something interesting to know, especially if it become the start of a trend among GW's shareholder, we will see.

It might be a case of that shareholder has found something it believes is better to use those funds on rather than a lets start getting out of GW drive. Or another reason thats completely unrelated to GW. Til the shareholder turns round and says we made decision X for reason Y not a lot of point speculating as to whether its notable or not.

Buddy Bear
05-11-2015, 15:01
Yeah, if they considered it a bad buy then they would've probably sold all their shares. They probably just wanted funds quick for something else.

Bloodknight
05-11-2015, 18:35
Surprisingly, a trader trades stuff and doesn't sit on it.

ebbwar
05-11-2015, 23:00
Trades for the Trade God! :D

Drakkar du Chaos
06-11-2015, 07:53
Yeah, if they considered it a bad buy then they would've probably sold all their shares. They probably just wanted funds quick for something else.

Ruffers represent many people, not one. They dont sell and buy share on one go.

Voss
06-11-2015, 16:08

It's more complex than that. Shares need a buyer, for one thing. You can't just dump 600,000 shares of a small company on the market and expect them to sell. For one thing, that kind of transaction makes people leery about what you know to be bailing so hard.

Crossing the threshold is useful to know, but this is something to keep an eye on long term.

philbrad2
10-11-2015, 18:23
Think this is done, Closing.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= + WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)