PDA

View Full Version : Map of the 9 realms for a campaign

Vladyhell
03-11-2015, 15:48
I'm wondering if anyone can help me?

I'm looking for a decent map I can print off an use for a campaign I've got planned that involves the 9 realms.I'm basically after a map with 9 individual realms/worlds thats text free so I can write my own stuff on it.

The Norse tree with the 9 realms is kinda what I'm after but without the tree and all the names on it.

Any help will be much appreciated :)

75hastings69
03-11-2015, 16:13
Impossible to map as each realm is without end as per fluff

Buddy Bear
03-11-2015, 16:13
Does such a map even exist? I've yet to see any map for any part of the new setting.

Lars Porsenna
03-11-2015, 16:16
Does such a map even exist? I've yet to see any map for any part of the new setting.

IIRC when I paged through the first book, there were some very general maps, similar to the maps in the Daemons army book -- basically a list of locations relative to each other. But my impression is that it was a map of the area the battle was taking place at, nothing more detailed than that. I thought it was silly so didn't study too closely...

Damon.

Denny
03-11-2015, 16:18
I don't think the OP is asking for a map of AoS, just a map with nine realms that he can modify.

Is this the sort of thing?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nine+realms+map&view=detailv2&id=D4715A3028512C519BA96C5CF12A85D977938BF4&selectedindex=15&ccid=wC9ZGhOl&simid=608020159876957070&thid=OIP.Mc02f591a13a5adb5174a4f2028d3ad48o0&mode=overlay&first=1

Niall78
03-11-2015, 16:20
There's no setting map in any of the new books?

Vladyhell
03-11-2015, 16:21
I don't think the OP is asking for a map of AoS, just a map with nine realms that he can modify.

Is this the sort of thing?

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nine+realms+map&view=detailv2&id=D4715A3028512C519BA96C5CF12A85D977938BF4&selectedindex=15&ccid=wC9ZGhOl&simid=608020159876957070&thid=OIP.Mc02f591a13a5adb5174a4f2028d3ad48o0&mode=overlay&first=1

yes,I'm just after something that resembles them. best I've found is this but I'd like something without the tree or any text if possible. I don't have any proper image editing stuff so looking for something to just print and play with

Denny
03-11-2015, 16:42
So the narrative game doesn't provide an easy means of forging a narrative?

Irony strikes again!

Not sure this really helps the OP much?
Y'know how people sometimes complain this place is too negative?
Well . . . its stuff like this . . .

SuperHappyTime
03-11-2015, 16:44
So the narrative game doesn't provide an easy means of forging a narrative?

Irony strikes again!

Magic the Gathering doesn't have maps either. Not sure why it would hurt a greater world building narrative.

Buddy Bear
03-11-2015, 16:53
It's a joke about irony. Hardly inflammatory. But hey, I went ahead and deleted the post.

akai
03-11-2015, 17:42
Vladyhell - I don't think there is anything official that kind of "maps" out all the realms. I am making my own little "diagram" of the 9 Warhammer realms + 1 world for my own homebrew setting. It will look something like this

Azyr (Celestial) being the "Astral Sea", the Realm of Chaos being the Elemental Chaos, and the other 7 realms being echos of my homebrew world. Not sure if that is how you would envision the 9 realms in your campaign.

Vladyhell
03-11-2015, 18:02
Same sort of idea.

This is what I'm after doing but would like something similar thats looks nice :)

Spiney Norman
03-11-2015, 18:33
There's no setting map in any of the new books?

Not the entire setting, so far I think I remember seeing a map of the brimstone peninsular (though in fairness that might be fan-made, I don't own the books). As Hastings pointed out, the mortal realms are pretty vast (not sure if they are actually infinitely large) so it kind of makes sense that they'd only print maps of the parts they've actually set the story in so far. Part of the whole point of the mortal realms is to give players more freedom when designing their own backgrounds and stories rather than the limited world that warhammer was formerly set in. You can either set your army in part of the realms that GW describes in their stories and fluff books, or you can invent your own little corner of whichever realm you like and develop a whole new creativ backstory for your army.

akai
03-11-2015, 19:23
Well, not sure if this is nice enough, but this is what I have made up so far for my homebrew setting. The second image I took out the homebrew world and spread the "realms apart" if you want to use it. They are somewhat color coded to match with the "colors of magic"

Gorthor21
03-11-2015, 19:38
i think you have come up with one that works on your own. if need be for the individual places in each realm you could use maps from fantasy novels with the words blanked out. i don't see it as a copyright problem because you wouldn't be publishing any of it.

Voss
03-11-2015, 19:59
yes,I'm just after something that resembles them. best I've found is this but I'd like something without the tree or any text if possible. I don't have any proper image editing stuff so looking for something to just print and play with

Could check out some of the D&D versions of the outer planes (take out the extra 6, the ones that are in between law and neutral and chaos and neutral) or the elemental planes (with the para-elemental planes) or the wackier simplified versions for 4th edition D&D.

A lot of the really depends if the Azyr Gate is a physical barrier between realms or just a spot for a portal to spawn.

de Selby
03-11-2015, 20:31

Well that has made me want to do wargaming set in the Norse mythological realms.

Buddy Bear
04-11-2015, 03:08
Google some old Planescape maps. Those were pretty neat and may possibly be in line with what GW has in mind. I believe there're even nine realms there, as they correspond to each alignment (Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good, Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Evil).

Voss
04-11-2015, 03:28
Google some old Planescape maps. Those were pretty neat and may possibly be in line with what GW has in mind. I believe there're even nine realms there, as they correspond to each alignment (Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral, Lawful Evil, Neutral Good, Neutral, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Evil).

Actually, the old outer plane structure has 16. LG, LG with neutral tendencies, NG, NG with chaotic tendencies, CG, etc, etc and ad nauseum. Plus one more in the middle for True Neutral (which is where Sigil, the signature city for planescape is).

But the basic structure sounds the same, just with fewer infinite :shifty: planes, and no layers.